COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The Kypiq: Too Little to love?

The Kypiq: Too Little to Love?

Insight Kuranis

Surprising nobody, the Kypiq came dead last in ImmaculateDeception’s recent forum poll. Of the 8 tribes present at launch, Elyria’s favorite munchkins were voted least desirable, favored first by only 12% of respondents. This and a number of other statistically interesting data erupted from the poll, demonstrating that Soulbound’s attempt to diversify Elyria with the Twelve Tribes of Mann is going swimmingly.

Coming in at a perfectly normal, absolutely not eccentric 1st place were the Neran, who seemed neither pleased nor displeased at their ranking. “This is fine.” Said one Neran while consuming toast dipped in milk and wearing the same outfit he’d worn every day for the past six years.

The Brudvir ranked second highest overall, with 20% of Elyrians voting them their first choice, suggesting either a hidden rank of PvP-focused Elyrians, or a strong desire to compensate for something. Either way, Elyria’s jailbait will have a stiff peak to climb if they want to mount the Brudvir’s quickly inflating lead.

Despite their unpopularity with the Elyrian community, the Kypiqs' most vocal supporters stood firm in their convictions, suggesting those brave Elyrians willing to put aside height and strength in favor of darts and treehouses are dedicated to the cause.

One avid Kypiq supporter spoke out about the survey. Wishing to remain anonymous, this source elected to be known only as “The Duchess.”

“Don't rain on my parade!” This ostensibly anonymous source began. “I still wield considerable influence around here in my head, and I won't let you pull the blinders from my eyes just yet. Leave me with my hopes and dreams.”

Truly, a sorry state.

Just in front of the Kypiq’s last place finish were the Waerd. When asked about their less than stellar polling, one Waerd hopeful replied while being detained by Kingdom police, “I can’t believe I even have to explain the futility of a capitalist-based ranking structure to you.” When asked what led to him and his family being booked in a Rhynelands penitentiary, he replied, “The ‘police,’ if you can even call them that, asked me who my weed belongs to. I told them. ‘It belongs to all of us.’”

Between the Neran and the Kypiq were six other tribes. The Brudvir came in second, after which came the Dras, To’resk, Janoa, Hrothi, and Waerd in that order. Notable, however, was the distribution of interest. The most popular tribe captured 20% of respondents first choices, while the least popular tribe captured 12%. The Hrothi were one of the least likely to be an Elyrian’s first choice, but the most likely to be their fifth. 17% of respondents suggest they’d rather their first pick be anything else, but the Janoa are their second. The To’resk saw the most ambivalence overall with 14% of Elyrians voting for them as their second, third, fourth, fifth, and seventh choices. This wide range of preferences reinforces the success Soulbound has found in making each tribe appealing.

This wide spread of interest presents a problem for the plethora of Brudvir-hopefuls. The sixth most popular kingdom, the Hrothi, will share a kingdom with the Brudvir upon launch. Counts and Dukes vying for the Brudvir parts of that kingdom may have to play more Elyrian politics than usual to cement their preferences. In the quest to become Brudvir, how many of us will become Waerd?

8/9/2017 5:33:26 PM #1

> “The ‘police,’ if you can even call them that, asked me who my weed belongs to. I told them. ‘It belongs to all of us.’” >

Ha, typical Waerd

Aspisis - - - - MaYor oF WinderBerg - - Capitalizer of LEtters

8/9/2017 5:34:38 PM #2

Posted By Aspisis at 12:33 PM - Wed Aug 09 2017

> “The ‘police,’ if you can even call them that, asked me who my weed belongs to. I told them. ‘It belongs to all of us.’” >

Ha, typical Waerd

Aspisis - - - - MaYor oF WinderBerg - - Capitalizer of LEtters

8/9/2017 5:45:48 PM #3

For deviants, the less Kypiq the better. If hardly anyone plays Kypiq, then they can slip by unchallenged and unassumed in a crowd.

"That's just a little kid," they'll think, "What could a child do to the king?"

What indeed . . .

Referral Code: 912EC9

8/9/2017 6:12:24 PM #4

Posted By Orisoll at 8:45 PM - Wed Aug 09 2017

"That's just a little kid," they'll think, "What could a child do to the king?"

And that's why I will hate and distrust all children equally

8/9/2017 6:40:33 PM #5

I'm not sure if the devs confirmed it or not, but there is a drawning of a glider in one of the jounals.

considering their prediposition for engineering and tinkering, their wight, the fact that they are the only tribe that got silk and ironwood, it's highly likely that Kipiq might be the first tribe to develop aeronautics. Naturally, it depends if the whole kingdom will push science that way.

8/9/2017 7:29:05 PM #6

Mokshin commandos deploying via gliders!

That would be pretty sweet.

8/10/2017 5:45:22 AM #7

I think everyone is underestimating the Kypiq...how appropriate. >=]

NA-West Barony Corvoviste | Founder of the Farstriders | FC: DAF200

8/10/2017 8:35:28 PM #8

I can't help but feel like the Kypiq are going to be like Teemo from League of Legends. Just an entire race of little Satans...

8/10/2017 10:19:11 PM #9

Luckily for the Kypiq, there will be NPC's.

Thank you for the shout out by the way. The thread is still on going and it would appear as if our Brudvir are now even more the flavor of the summer as they have moved ahead of The Neran.

The first rankings poll is still open for new pollings but it will eventually close when a new poll is necessary. So get them in while you can.

8/11/2017 4:02:43 AM #10

I plan on playing a Kypiq in the middle of some heavy Brudvir/Hrothi territory. It'll be particularly challenging, and that's a huge part of the appeal for me.

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

8/11/2017 4:31:36 AM #11

Literal manchildren.

8/12/2017 2:37:47 AM #12

I plan on playing a short and sneaky Kypiq assassin/thief. Definitely can't wait to ambush Yorus three times my height.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/15/2017 5:56:30 PM #13

I plan on being a Kypiq alchemist, I will specialize in potions and other healing items....not to mention a few poisons ;)

8/19/2017 5:45:37 AM #14

Love this!

8/19/2017 6:02:52 AM #15

This piece is definitely to be "thanked" for the sudden rise of The Kypiq that are close to moving up to the 6th rank.