COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
History and Myths of distant times

So, from what i understood from what i gathered from the tribes DJ and the Wiki the History of distant times would be......

lost in eons were the Qin, Angelica created the world and the Qin ruled over parts of it. Then Luna betrayed them (assumption here) with Daemon which led to the first gods war, during the war Daemon died which unleashed the Burning, facing the potential destruction of Elyria by the unchecked fire of Daemon, the Qin decided to split the world into 3 planes , that event would end the first gods war and be called the breaking.

Mann would be exiled to Elyria, casted away from Heaven. There he would be the origin of all mann, (problem here as the Erishe and Waerd are said to be from Erathor).

His son Ne'ran Qin of the grassland would become origin of the proto-neran, his grand son To'ran would become origin of the To'resk (problem here as the Mydarii are supposed to be a splintered group from the To'resk but they took a name clearly related to the mother of To'resk, Mydra)

Between the Breaking and the second gods war, must have happened the catalyst that forced the proto-neran to split and become the Neran, the Brudvir the Hrothi and the Kypiq (it has to be that way because the Virtori say that the neran and the Hrothi fought into the war between vices and virtues, so they must have splet before the war)

(problem here the wiki says that the war between vices and virtues coincide with the Burning) I'd rather say that the second gods war coincide with the war on vices and virtues which ended up with the forced exile of the Waerd to the cold semi arid desert and the sealing of the vices and virtues that could also be understood as the slumber of the Qin (slumber because of the vision of Anara Starsong, a probable warning of the 3 rd gods war)

A little more than 1 000 years before now, the Janoas forced the Dras to leave the tropical forest and to seek refuge in the To'resk land. A millennium ago the great drought struc the tropical lands and the To'resk pushed away the Dras that finally found refuge into the swamps.

(problem we have no idea about the Yoru and Owem origins, except they are supposed to come from different branches but from the same tree as they are mann too)

It is said that the ocean is to the east of the grassland, and that the west of Karcion, the place of Daemon, is the desert and even further , the hot semi arid desert. We know that the Yoru live in a land of Ice and the Mydarii on tropical islands, that the Erishe, the yoru , the Owem and the Mydarii do not live on the starting continent.

We also know that the world generation process from that maps start as a pangaea. So the myth of mann must tie the 2nd gods war/war between vices and virtues with world shatering events that ended up with he separation of the continents from the pangaea.

(problem, since the Waerd lore do not have any mention of the Owem, i doubt they are on the same continent as the Erishe, which would mean that potentially the world is composed of 4 continents, a hot desert and semi arid desert one for the Erishe [Australia comes to mind], a savanna one for the Owem, an arctic one for the Yoru, the staring continent and in the middle in the great ocean the islands of the Mydarii.

What you guys/ladies thin ? any sources i missed that could correct mistakes ?

8/17/2017 11:46:59 PM #1

I think it would be interesting if the lore was confusing and conflicting, and if each religion had a different perspective on creation and how Elyria got to present day. It would be kinda like religions in real life.

8/18/2017 5:38:49 AM #2

Remeber this is still all pre-alpha info. Also I would like to think that by the time expo hits we will have a very vague understanding of the backstory/lore of this world. Just as @Barri said I also hope that the lore and mythos is confusing or vague in the beginning. Just as in real life, no one really knows how or why we as humans and man developed the way we did.

8/18/2017 9:31:53 PM #3

Honestly I feel like it would take at least tens of thousands of years for the Tribes as we know them to arise according to evolution, and SBS seems to consider evolution as canonically true in CoE.

8/19/2017 6:02:45 AM #4

History only apply here about the big drought, every thing else is myths that come from 3 sources, the Qindred religion, the Virtori religion and the tribes lore.

Myths are myths no one knows if they really happened as described, but what we know is that something happened. Are Elyrian religions based on some reality ? i do not know and i do not seek to provide an answer to that question.

My goal is to organize knowledge, point incoherences when they arrise and try to go beyond the myth to try link that with history, how to insert facts into myths?

Facts :

• there are 12 tribes of mann
  • 4 tribes of mann are not on the starting continent
  • the world was a pangaea
  • the 4 mann tribes of the temperate region all come from the same proto-neran tribe
  • the catalyst that forced the proto-neran to split happened before the virtori war between the virtues and the vices
  • the waerd were erishe at some point
  • the dras were janoa at some point
  • the dras were banished from the tropical forest before the big drought
  • the dras were banished from the wet lands after the big drought
  • the waerd and the erishe are not on the same continent so the partition between the waerd continent and the erishe continent happened after the second gods war

8/19/2017 5:50:10 PM #5

We have to seek more information to be sure...

House Pyrros

8/19/2017 7:12:42 PM #6

In one of the last 3 Tribe Q&A's they said that the 4 "lost" tribes haven't been discovered yet. They pointed out it doesn't mean they aren't on the starting continent, just that they had to be discovered first to be playable.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

8/20/2017 1:17:21 AM #7

Evolution can happen fast with appropriate selective pressure applied. It sounds like this world went through quite a cataclysm, so it's not unreasonable that significant changes could happen quickly. Especially if the basal mutation rate is higher than on Earth.

8/20/2017 4:09:59 PM #8

As far as evolution goes, I don't think they necessarily evolved per se as a mutation style evolution but it was more a survival of the fittest. For example the Kypiq, those who were the smallest of the group of Neran who went to the Broadleaf forest fell out of the trees less, if the taller Neran kept falling and getting injured and dying the smaller Neran genes kept getting passed on so in the end after generations the only Neran left were the tiniest ones genetically. Also those with the best eyesight and bigger eyes could judge leaping between trees better and thus survived better and thus their genetics won out when it came to procreation.

Same with the Hrothi, some of the Neran who went to the mountains could have had genuine Dwarfism ala Peter Dinklage or many were small and bulky in general and they found it easier to live in and burrow through smaller tunnels and their children went on to have more children until eventually their genome became the dominant.

It could simply be natural selection over several generations rather than evolution of thousands of years or millenia.