COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Seeking a House or Duke to serve

I am new to this game development and it has excited me. I intend to become a count at minimum if I can pledge until late 2018 and a spot is open. To the Dukes of America East and West servers...I intend to make a "pretty" character who values beauty and is very much the business person. In combat or strategy, my character type values speed, ambush skirmishes, and stealth. Let me know if I am aligned to any of you Dukes so I know where to put my money where my mouth and your mouth is.

8/17/2017 11:35:32 PM #1

The nobility of Elyria hold only temporal power.. a power they grip loosely with fear, as the certainty of their demise at the hands of the sleeping god enfeebles them with dread.

8/20/2017 3:14:35 AM #2

Dasher one recommendation I have is to look at the domain forums for either NA-E or NA-W most of the dukes have made posts there detailing their duchies.

NA-E Luna Domains

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Luna-Domains

NA-W Angelica Domains

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Angelica-Domains

Also check the Kingdom and Duchy master list Google Doc linked below. It has all the kingdoms and their pledged Dukes with links to their respective forum postings.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/15731/kingdom-and-duchy-master-list#post164644

8/20/2017 3:44:22 AM #3

Posted By Dasher at

(...).I intend to make a "pretty" character who values beauty and is very much the business person.

Yeah, To'resk?

8/20/2017 3:12:38 PM #4

Though I would suggest finding out what you rank as "most important" as it will mean a lot once land selection comes.

• Tribe (As a count you can only choose the majority tribe, so choosing a tribe that you like is not possible if it's not the major tribe in your selected kingdom)

• Environment (Same as tribe, Environments are going to vary, probably a lot, compared to the different kingdoms, so one kingdom might have a lot of grassland, another might only have jungle/swamps etc.)

• Kingdom (following your desired leader, or a community you like is also going to limit your selection of the 2 above.)

So keep these 3 things in mind, as you could potentially only get 1 of the 3 things that you want. Unless the tribe is in the biome you like ruled by the kingdom you like (You could integrate a tribe and get it to a majority which would probably be very hard to do, but if you got it to a majority you could (as a count) play as it. And being conquered or deflecting your county to the kingdom you like is also a possibility, but point is that you want to look at what you value the most before deciding for a kingdom.)

8/20/2017 5:40:11 PM #5

Hail Dasher!

Not sure if you have seen this video yet, it has a great illustration of stealth.

Interaction Video

I am not as concerned with tribe and biome as I will have fun with this game wherever the fates decide. Click on my banner and read about my county, if you would like to join our market and humble seaside village give me a PM!

Welcome to CoE!

8/24/2017 7:53:29 PM #6

In the first year the nobility will be struggling to find a balance. Some will get stronger and others may become peasants. The stakes are high and you may have to decide to either put all your eggs in one basket or gamble to secretly place some of your eggs divided over other allies. It's gonna be a political game with wars as means to gain power or keep power.

8/24/2017 8:15:14 PM #7

pm sent

9/7/2017 1:04:31 PM #8

Dashing noble, eh? I hope you find the proper duke/duchess to serve.

9/7/2017 2:16:27 PM #9

Hi, Dasher. I sent you a pm.

The best thing to do would be to visit various Duchy and Kingdom discords and chat with people. Get to know them as a community and make friends. I'm sure you'll find a great place to belong. There are many awesome people here.

9/7/2017 5:23:19 PM #10

Greetings Dasher,

Everyone else has already said the best advice possible, look at the different kingdoms/duchies first, try to talk to the members and find the people you think you will want to work with. While waiting for CoE go ahead and play other games with them whether its LoL, EVE, PUBG, Warcraft, ARK, or any of the other thousands of other multiplayer games out there. Start building your camaraderie now, so that you all as a whole are already a team for when CoE comes out.

The only advice I can add to this is for you to remember that in CoE almost everything you have/own has the possibility of being lost, stolen, killed, or destroyed. I'm not saying this to scare you, just making sure you know that just because you might start as a count, you might not stay a count. I, as a count myself, fully expect to have to defend the hold on my position at least once, possibly before my first character dies even, definately by the death of my second or third life. Personally I am fine with that as it will just be part of the game. Now however, if you have built a strong relationship with the members of your kingdom, especially your barons, fellow counts, your duke/duchess, and your king/queen, you will most likely find it much easier to hold onto your position and holdings, especially if you hace been managing things well.

Essentially treat this game like 0.0 space in EVE (if you ever played it) be ready to lose what you risk. But most of all, enjoy yourself while doing so. 😎

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

9/7/2017 5:34:31 PM #11

Posted By Vucar at 7:35 PM - Thu Aug 17 2017

The nobility of Elyria hold only temporal power.. a power they grip loosely with fear, as the certainty of their demise at the hands of the sleeping god enfeebles them with dread.

@Vucar what is the sleeping god? Pm me

Oh hey there

9/7/2017 9:27:24 PM #12

My advice to you is to take your time and seek someone who really knows what they're doing. There are many more lords, and fewer active common folk in the community than you would think, so the supply of non-nobles is low, and demand high. The ball is on your court basically, don't just accept the first to make you an offer. :)

9/22/2017 5:40:36 AM #13

I appreciate your thoughts and many of your words resonated with me. Though things may change in game, I count all who responded among the first of my CoE friends for offering me help while starting this game. For everyone's knowledge, I have become acquainted with and determined to serve King Matthias of Valyria on NA-W server. I will be look for you all in forums and hope to collaborate in game together to do some fun and great things together!