COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Architecture Tool - Stand Alone (??)

So back in November they made a Dev Journal (#14) saying they would be providing a stand alone version of the architecture tool they shared screen shots of (to everyone). Its been a few months since spring ended and now fall approaches and I still have not seen or heard anything else on the stand alone. So I'm hoping that someone will bring some news, preferable official, to my attention about the Architecture Tool. I remember being so excited for it and as I just looked back for it and read it over realized I have yet to hear about it. Any constructive comments are welcome! Thank you!

A bloodline soldier, looking for his battle.. (NA-West)

Friend Code: 81F39F

8/19/2017 8:15:36 AM #1

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/1203/DJ-14-Player-Housing-Architecture-Construction

8/19/2017 9:27:45 AM #2

Caspian mentioned in one of his comments on the recent State of Elyria post that the architecture tool is one of the systems slated to be introduced during Alpha 2, late next year. There's a lot of work to be done before it's time for us to start building our dream houses, but hang in there! It'll come when it's time. 😉

EDIT: Here's a link to the exact comment. Hope that helps, even if it wasn't the answer you were hoping for.

8/19/2017 9:48:39 AM #3

"The Architecture Tool is no longer a standalone tool and will be incorporated into Alpha 2 as previously planned for everyone to experiment and test with."

from Caspian in comment section of the State of Elyria update

where Alpha 2 is scheduled to be focused on to be developed in the 3rd trimester (3rd third) of 2018 (as stated in the same update).

I'm looking forward to the tool myself as it appears to be inspired by the Sims series.

And while it is further down the line than expected some time ago - mostly because it wasn't easy to recruit talented developers back when the studio was very small - this obstacle has been overcome and the team is full on in production.

Like with jousting as the PAX-West experience and with many assests and game mechanics from it that can make it into the game, there will be the time for the focus to shift on many different things - architecture being one of them as mentioned above.
And they do it with a lot of attention to detail and research while not forgetting about determining if more complexity adds to the enjoyment of the game experience.

With that I can be very positive about the design of the architecture tool to come in Alpha 2.

8/19/2017 4:17:53 PM #4

Oh ok awesome! Thanks guys for responding so quickly and with detailed information! Yea was very excited for it but loss track of its progress, good to know that it will make its appearance in Alpha 2.