COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Count or Mayor?

I am confused; When the game launches will all Aristocracy and nobility claim land according their respectable highest rank, or do they all start on the bottom as Adventurer? In this forum I am a count, but will that also be so when the game starts?

I have read/heard (I don't remember) that all the nobility start as mayor and have to work their way up.

I rather start at the bottom but don't mind lose my Count seat to my betters. So when I have the chance, I will start as count just to have a fast start for learning the ropes of nobility.

8/24/2017 8:27:50 PM #1

You will start the game with the title you bought. As a count you will claim a county to rule in the domain selection and you will also be a mayor of a settlement. If you really want to start at the bottom you can give away your titles or exchange them for EP once those things come available.

8/24/2017 8:43:33 PM #2

Being Count and Mayor at the same time sounds strange to me. But let me tell you one thing: I rather fight for my title than give it away :)

I will kinda start at the bottom anyway forming my own family instead of joining an existing one. And I hope other will join me if that is possible.

8/24/2017 9:05:09 PM #3

There will be a few months where Counts, Mayors, and the like will have time to build up the world and refine their towns. The actual launch date will be when the average player who hasn't paid for the ranking through pledge packages to start, where they will meet the PC's who pledged to become leaders waiting for them to help shape the world.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

8/24/2017 9:11:09 PM #4

You could use an alt to start up from the bottom and then merge it's and your counts heir for your 2nd generation. That way you can still play count and also start at the bottom :). Count and mayor isnt that strange i think, its just more time spend managing stuff.

"We're all connected;
To eachother, biologically; To the earth, chemically; To the rest of the universe, atomically." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Friendcode: 205FC9

8/24/2017 9:25:13 PM #5

Posted By Leeahna at 4:11 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

You could use an alt to start up from the bottom and then merge it's and your counts heir for your 2nd generation. That way you can still play count and also start at the bottom :). Count and mayor isnt that strange i think, its just more time spend managing stuff.

I was under the perception that Alts would only be available on separate servers?

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/24/2017 9:35:25 PM #6

Posted By Desophyr at 11:25 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

Posted By Leeahna at 4:11 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

I was under the perception that Alts would only be available on separate servers?

S/he probably means a second account. If you have spent $1000 on one account, it is not much more to start a $40 account next to it. One can even form a family and marry with that one :)

That is something I probably will do to experience life on the bottom of the ladder :)

8/24/2017 9:36:08 PM #7

You can have multiple characters on the same server so long as you have a Spark and Soul to spare. There is actually a little bit of limitation when it comes to using characters on different servers. For one, souls, once sparked, cannot be transferred between servers. Also, soul packs are supposed to be limited to a single server.

Posted By Ilyria_Balmore at 4:43 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

Being Count and Mayor at the same time sounds strange to me. But let me tell you one thing: I rather fight for my title than give it away :)

I will kinda start at the bottom anyway forming my own family instead of joining an existing one. And I hope other will join me if that is possible.

For you, being a count and mayor isn't strange in my opinion. It may be more responsibility, but it is perfectly sensible, it also gives you more autonomy. I would hate to be the count, but live under someone else's regulations.