COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Merging Titles and Town Creation

So looking on the forums I haven't found any post address this. My apologies if there's one that has. However, I was wondering how exactly giving a title to another in the interest of creating a larger town under one name would happen?

Would the one that gave it up now automatically be a Council Member, and get to keep their former loot that was associated with that title(i.e. Torse & Crest, Mayor Cloak) along with the land he/she owns as a (in my case) Mayor, or would they just be without land and poor(lootless) unless the one they gifted their title to graciously gave them back their land?

Because, from what I understand, the general consensus is that most mayors looking to merge should just create separately and, over time, merge with infrastructure. I, however, am trying to pass that over time bit, for the purposes of expediency and for creating a larger area for my guild. So I'm trying to find out if gifting a title works the same way as if you'd started separately and merged over time(Auto Council Member), or if you literally just gave away it all in trust to the other party?

Appreciate any help you can give, thanks!

9/8/2017 11:32:10 PM #1

If you're talking pre-launch, the only possibility of giving another player your titles is by transferring them as addressed here. The transferring of titles results, as far as I know, in the loss of everything associated with them; the cloak, manor/villa, coat of arms, etc. You, as the transferring player, would no longer be entitled to those pledge rewards, though the transferee would. This means that, come exposition, your pledge will basically look the same as anyone at the gentry level and the process when it comes to choosing families/land will be the same.

So, if the idea is to retain those assets, you could always have the other individual give them to you in game, (the land, clothing, and so on) or try and merge your towns in-game, but there's nothing mechanically–that I know of–that will differentiate you as a prior mayor pledge as opposed to a regular gentry pledge.

9/8/2017 11:46:07 PM #2

Cool, that's good to know. Thanks for the info ArtsyKidd, I appreciate it.