COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Talents

So I've been reading up on everything about CoE but I'm still a little confused about talents. So not all souls start off with talents, but is there a way for a soul to get a talent later on without having it at first?

9/13/2017 4:30:16 PM #1

Talents develop depending of which skill you use. Even the skills that are not in your race description.

professions and skills

"At its most basic level Chronicles of Elyria is a fully customizable, skill-based Action RPG in which the absence of classes means you can create any character you can imagine. It is the skills you use that determine which skills you're good at, not something you select during character creation which dictates how you play the game."

9/13/2017 5:48:38 PM #2

5% of created characters have a latent talent, which can be discovered through contributing to the story. Some artefacts and relics will also grant you talents. Talents will not be in the game at launch and I think the devs will probably sneak them later in without telling people for the storytelling aspect. If you REALLY want a talent then your best bet is to explore the unknown, kill mythic beasts, and collect as many relics as possible. Good luck explorer! Here's some more info: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Talents

Oh hey there

10/26/2017 7:59:32 PM #3

Only 5% of the players have talents. And you need to discover it. It 's not possible to get a talent in the middle of your life. But u can trigger one

I 'm sooooo hyped for this game! :)

10/26/2017 8:42:04 PM #4

You may have been reading some older information, recently talents have changed a little. Talents are no longer tied to a particular soul but rather they will be tied to a Spark of Life (One Lifetime as compared to an Eternal Lifetime with a Soul). Talents were/are a way to bridge part of the story line of the game so I think the closer you follow 'your' story the higher the chance of getting a talent. There will be roughly 5% of characters receiving a talent however that does not mean they will all discover they have one, unlock it, or even want it. If you have a unlocked talent for a while and never discover you have it or can't find a way to unlock it, then it may get placed back in to talent pool to be redistributed to another character when the need arises, meaning you may loose the talent this time around.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

10/26/2017 11:48:15 PM #5

Posted By Nigran at 12:59 PM - Thu Oct 26 2017

Only 5% of the players have talents. And you need to discover it. It 's not possible to get a talent in the middle of your life. But u can trigger one

Not true. If you are an integral part of a major storyline then the game engine can actually give you a talent even if you never had one to begin with.

11/2/2017 11:44:01 PM #6

Perhaps if there were some sort of fruit one could eat to be endowed with a talent related to said fruit...