COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What games are you playing while waiting for Chronicles of Elyria?

I was just wondering what games everyone was playing while they waited for Chronicles of Elyria?

We have a long time to wait and I'd like something to keep me occupied during the wait. I've tried pretty much all of the modern MMOs and none of them have really held my interest all that much.

But I'd be open to any suggestions people have regarding good games to play while we wait.

9/27/2017 6:54:26 PM #1

Fallout 4. Great RP survival game, and so easy I can play it. Seems to be the same engine as Skyrim.

If you already played the previous Fallout games, you probably will not like this one.

9/27/2017 7:14:40 PM #2

Mostly War Thunder and various Mount and Blade games.

9/27/2017 7:34:09 PM #3

Overwatch. Not very RPG of me, but it's a blast. I've probably only missed one or two days of play since it released last year. And, once v3.0 of Star Citizen is released, I'll be checking that out again with my Avenger Titan and Freelancer.

9/27/2017 7:49:10 PM #4

Guild Wars 2 and many, many, many single player RPGs.

Also known as AvA in Discord.

9/27/2017 8:14:55 PM #5

Does playing Chronicles of Elyria itself count? Heh, or perhaps the political games currently occurring in the community?

Though, on a slightly less joking note, it is nice to keep oneself occupied with something entertaining whilst waiting! I have a few recommendations, some of which I have played in the past, play now, plan to play in the future, or have seen bandied about within the community. With hope, anyone reading the miniature compilation below will (re)discover something they might wish to play with friends old or new :)

Riding Solo

• The Secret of Monkey Island
  • Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
  • Fallout 4
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Mirror's Edge
  • The Long Dark
  • Sword and Sworcery
  • Tomb Raider
  • Euro/American Truck Simulator
  • The Witcher
  • Transistor
  • Bastion
  • Bioshock
  • Portal
  • Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
  • My Horse Prince
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • To the Moon
  • Life is Strange
  • Civilization
  • XCOM
  • Stardew Valley
  • The Sims
  • This War of Mine
  • Dark Souls
  • Ori and the Blind Forest

Accruing Stew for Two (or for slightly more than a few)

• Don't Starve Together
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Divinity: Original SIn 2
  • Garry's Mod
  • Stellaris
  • Starbound
  • Terraria
  • Minecraft

When Strangers are Involved

• Overwatch
  • Mabinogi
  • World of Tanks
  • War Thunder
  • Playerunknown Battle Grounds
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Elite: Dangerous
  • Town of Salem

Every Day I'm Shuffling... Cards

• Hearthstone
  • Shadowverse
  • Shardbound
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Gwent
  • Magic: The Gathering

9/27/2017 9:13:51 PM #6

I am getting bored day after day, no game really impresses me.

I am waiting for Gold Rush: The Game, comes out 13.10.2017.

And @Caeoltoiri My Horse Prince, really i mean REALLY.

lol

9/27/2017 9:31:36 PM #7

Just started playing a little game on steam called starship theory. It's a simple game yet very hard and super addicting. Sort of like Rim World. You start of with a tiny starship and 4 crew members. You have to improve your ship by researching new tech and mining asteroids for 3 different resources while trying not to get hit by them as you do so. But at some point you have to start worrying about growing your own food as trading with other ships and growing your own are the only ways to get food. And of course the occasional space pirates have to be fought off with the weapons you hopefully have installed on your ship.

The game is super hard as it seems that the slightest mistake ends in catastrophe with your little astronauts floating away dead in space. I have died from starving, thirst, fire, blowing up, all my oxygen leaking out, being trapped outside my ship because my air lock was damaged and pirates shooting my ship to pieces. And thats not even counting the systems that were destroyed and needed to be replaced.

Other than that been playing xcom 2 war of the chosen and Cities Skylines. Oh and Planet Coaster.

9/27/2017 9:39:56 PM #8

Russian roulette.

9/27/2017 10:39:25 PM #9

Try Kenshi. Its single player, but it has a crazy amount of variety. You start with 1 character and hire people to make squads/armies. Warning: your character will not be a special hero with plot armour(there is no plot or story quests), You will die if you are not super careful. You won't lose the game unless all the characters you hired died.

9/28/2017 1:24:42 AM #10

Since i know of Coe i cannot play any more game. I get annoied from all of them. I play sometimes World of Warships but in general i read this forum, i follow Discord....

9/28/2017 2:17:22 AM #11

Crossout and sometimes Hobo Tough Life

9/28/2017 3:26:19 AM #12

@Caeoltoiri

Have you played Mabinogi? I played it for years and still occasionally jump on. It's rare to run into someone else who has played, I've found.

Warriors of Æsir

9/28/2017 1:37:20 PM #13

Some cool suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Total War: Warhammer 2 came out today so I might play that for awhile since I love that series. But I'll certainly check out some of the games that have been mentioned.

It might even be time for another Skyrim playthrough.

9/28/2017 1:45:01 PM #14

Destiny 2, DayZ, Rust, FM17, MTGO, Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

9/28/2017 2:05:04 PM #15

Primary currently: Divinity Original Sin 2. One of the MODs here pointed it out to me.

Old isometric style game (think Baldurs gate series) only very much open ended. Including killing important quest NPCs, stealing just about everything and using interesting combos in combat.

Total war: Warhammer II dropped today so will be checking it out at some point this weekend as well.