COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Merging Settlements

Hello everyone,

I’ve got two friends who are interested in joining me in Elyria. However, they’re going after the Mayor/Baron package as well, would we be able to merge our villages? If so, how would this work?

Thanks so much.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22281/the-kreuzstadt-campaign

10/15/2017 5:35:01 AM #1

Welcome!

As of now, no, you would not be able to merge settlements. Each mayor/baron package would have to have a separate village.

An alternative to consider is to have one of you do the mayor and the others do proprietor w/ supplemental EP purchases

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/15/2017 5:42:06 AM #2

Another possibility is to simply have the towns work together, despite being independent with one another.

Might be more interesting than Ranulf's idea of downgrading to a proprietor, but its ultimately your group's decision.

Best of Luck

Note: Only way to merge several towns/counties/etc. would be to personally own each one, so this doesn't allow for merging between players.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/15/2017 6:19:30 AM #3

Pretty sure at the moment the only way to merge a settlement is by account merging. So you would have to merge the accounts making one account, thus making it so they don't have an account. The only other way would be making them work together like they suggested

10/15/2017 7:06:19 AM #4

I was thinking what LukeSpyro was thinking, why not have the towns work together? Trade with each other for mutual benefit?

Perhaps one town could focus on agriculture, one on tool and weapon crafting and the other on professions and education?

Or what if you had 3 the three towns grow into one small city? Three relatively close towns that grow and grow until the borders are negligible, leading it to become a hub of trade and exciting opportunities?

Three separate towns with mates, has a heap of awesome potential ideas for you guys to consider! Goodluck.

10/15/2017 7:15:23 AM #5

Posted By Sauska at 02:19 AM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Pretty sure at the moment the only way to merge a settlement is by account merging. So you would have to merge the accounts making one account, thus making it so they don't have an account. The only other way would be making them work together like they suggested

You are completely correct, but I have always been led to believe that this 'merged' account could only be used by one person, so the two friends would be left with nothing... (despite paying for it)

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/15/2017 7:28:03 AM #6

Posted By LukeSpyro at 01:15 AM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Posted By Sauska at 02:19 AM - Sun Oct 15 2017

You are completely correct, but I have always been led to believe that this 'merged' account could only be used by one person, so the two friends would be left with nothing... (despite paying for it)

Yes, thats why I said it would make the friend not have the account. So only one person would have access sadly. The 2 towns how you and Krieg defined it would be the better route to go 100% and sounds like a lot more fun ^.^

10/15/2017 9:55:12 AM #7

If your aim is to create a city from your towns you could consider someone purchasing the Mayor package and the others entering as Proprietors. When it comes to land selection the Proprietors purchase land within your town and grow it from there. Keep in mind the distance between towns may not facilitate mergers.

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its extension cord...(Friend Code: 9D26A7)

10/15/2017 11:12:47 AM #8

Besides account merging, title transfers are also an option.

Transfer All Titles & Lands

If you have a package but wish to give all your titles and lands to another player, there will be an opportunity to do so before Settlement & Domain Selection. Here's what would happen:

• All items under the Titles & Nobility would transfer to the new account, along with the accompanying villa or manor.
  • Total Influence: Will stay the same since you still paid for it.
  • You retain all other package rewards (launch party tickets, sparks of life, design experiences, etc).

10/15/2017 2:54:56 PM #9

Settlement merging is possible through using title transferring, which will be available before KoE. Title transferring would cause the 2 titles to merge into one, which would mean your settlement also merges into one and thereby become larger in terms of land, number of npc citizens, and starter buildings.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

10/16/2017 6:16:13 AM #10

They can also gift you the baron title, that way one can have the three baronies without merging accounts.

Remember that gifting titles allow you to mantain your account and let another player enjoy the title.

One player can only have one city, it does not mean necessarily to only have one title.

10/16/2017 3:31:09 PM #11

Posted By Xeyska at 04:12 AM - Sun Oct 15 2017

If you have a package but wish to give all your titles and lands to another player, there will be an opportunity to do so before Settlement & Domain Selection. Here's what would happen:

• All items under the Titles & Nobility would transfer to the new account, along with the accompanying villa or manor.
  • You retain all other package rewards (launch party tickets, sparks of life, design experiences, etc).

Mainly quoting this option as it is a really good option that does not require account merging but merges the titles into one nice central location. Yes, only one of yall can be 'mayor' and is responsible for participating in the domain selection process. So that is the limiting factor on this option in my opinion.

10/16/2017 7:00:04 PM #12

Posted By DevelopingStories at 11:31 AM - Mon Oct 16 2017

Posted By Xeyska at 04:12 AM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Mainly quoting this option as it is a really good option that does not require account merging but merges the titles into one nice central location. Yes, only one of yall can be 'mayor' and is responsible for participating in the domain selection process. So that is the limiting factor on this option in my opinion.

That's the answer I was looking for.

Thank you, everyone, for your help.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22281/the-kreuzstadt-campaign

10/20/2017 1:16:20 PM #13

Just to add to this discussion.

What about at least two of the mayors marrying and then have the towns under one family name?

Myself and my Baroness plan to go this way, then we will have two baronies under the name House Ragnarok.

10/20/2017 10:02:40 PM #14

Posted By RagnarokEU at 08:16 AM - Fri Oct 20 2017

Just to add to this discussion.

What about at least two of the mayors marrying and then have the towns under one family name?

Myself and my Baroness plan to go this way, then we will have two baronies under the name House Ragnarok.

In this instance, they would still be two seperately run settlements and depending on how you set up the contract if you guys want to share your property with each other.

There is heirs to also consider as well, do you want one managing both settlements or have sibilings/will the title away to another? Your Baroness could spark into a Ward, while your character holds the titles until she is ready to take over her settlement again.