COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The New Kid in Town

Hey, hey, what do we have here? An ambitious MMO that looks like it'll be freakin' awesome? I think I'll be sticking around. I look forward to achieving greatness in the land of Elyria. Hopefully with a bunch of other equally great friends who'll have my back. Nice to meet you lot, gonna be a wild ride when launch gets rolling.

A King may wear his crown, but unless he holds all power within his domain, he has no right to his Kingdom. He is merely a pawn for the Duchies and the Counties to play upon. It is the person or people with power, who truly shape the nature of the Kingdom, ~Alteran Lerellan

10/15/2017 6:20:46 AM #1

Welcome to the community. Loads of discussion topics are at your fingertips through the search bar but, if something's not apparent, shout out and a mod, ambassador or community member will no doubt be delighted to assist. Welcome again.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

10/15/2017 7:29:50 AM #2

Posted By Halo381 at

Hey, hey, what do we have here? An ambitious MMO that looks like it'll be freakin' awesome? I think I'll be sticking around. I look forward to achieving greatness in the land of Elyria. Hopefully with a bunch of other equally great friends who'll have my back. Nice to meet you lot, gonna be a wild ride when launch gets rolling.

Yes! welcome ^.^ If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

10/15/2017 11:16:58 AM #3

Hello fellow mann. We are delighted to have you on board the Elyria express. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride... to your doom if you DARE eat any of my friends! You better not be a disgusting janoa! If you are kypiq, then all the blessings of thw universe belong to you 😉

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

10/15/2017 11:31:52 AM #4

Hello, and welcome to the community Halo381. :)

10/15/2017 3:54:18 PM #5

Hey there and welcome to the COE community! We all look forward to seeing you around and helping you learn about the various communities and the upcoming components/testing phases of COE.

10/15/2017 4:08:38 PM #6

Welcome

10/15/2017 6:07:03 PM #7

Welcome, and for your information; Alteran Lerellan is wrong. Dukes and Counts give the king his power, so they don't have to bare the burden. The king has the broadest shoulders. Counts and Dukes have their castles by his grace.

10/15/2017 7:42:44 PM #8

Hey!, welcome to the community, Got any plans on what your going to do in this upcoming, amazing game.

10/16/2017 12:12:52 AM #9

Great first impression! I love the spirit and positive attitude. Welcome to CoE!

10/16/2017 2:48:31 AM #10

Posted By Ilyria at 2:07 PM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Welcome, and for your information; Alteran Lerellan is wrong. Dukes and Counts give the king his power, so they don't have to bare the burden. The king has the broadest shoulders. Counts and Dukes have their castles by his grace.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you there. For one, the Counts and Dukes do not have their castles merely by the King's grace. If they so chose to rebel against him, the King could do naught but hope that he has enough supporters to protect himself.

For two, the most powerful person in the country holds all right to that country, and that person doesn't have to be a King. The easiest example of this would be for someone who is incredibly wealthy. A person like that would likely be funding several counties, and perhaps even duchies, thus gaining their debt and their dependency. Whatever that wealthy person wishes to happen, must be done, because without that money those counties would fail. As such, that person would hold immense power within the Kingdom, perhaps even rival to that of the King.

A King may wear his crown, but unless he holds all power within his domain, he has no right to his Kingdom. He is merely a pawn for the Duchies and the Counties to play upon. It is the person or people with power, who truly shape the nature of the Kingdom, ~Alteran Lerellan

10/16/2017 2:50:39 AM #11

Posted By RayneZ at 3:42 PM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Hey!, welcome to the community, Got any plans on what your going to do in this upcoming, amazing game.

For starters I'd like to get my first character heavily involved with the blacksmithing side of things. After all, it's a very versatile profession, and no matter what there is always good money to be made in such a trade.

10/16/2017 3:25:08 AM #12

Welcome feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

10/17/2017 2:25:56 AM #13

Posted By Halo381 at 7:48 PM - Sun Oct 15 2017

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you there. For one, the Counts and Dukes do not have their castles merely by the King's grace. If they so chose to rebel against him, the King could do naught but hope that he has enough supporters to protect himself.

For two, the most powerful person in the country holds all right to that country, and that person doesn't have to be a King. The easiest example of this would be for someone who is incredibly wealthy. A person like that would likely be funding several counties, and perhaps even duchies, thus gaining their debt and their dependency. Whatever that wealthy person wishes to happen, must be done, because without that money those counties would fail. As such, that person would hold immense power within the Kingdom, perhaps even rival to that of the King.

Hence why a wise king implements taxes into his kingdom so that no one can be richer than the king.

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

10/17/2017 2:20:08 PM #14

I love the vibe of this thread, welcome to the community Halo381!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/17/2017 3:24:18 PM #15

Posted By Verdecus at 04:25 AM - Tue Oct 17 2017

Posted By Halo381 at 7:48 PM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Hence why a wise king implements taxes into his kingdom so that no one can be richer than the king.

Its not wise to raise taxes that much that no one can get richer than the king. Having no chance and nothing to aim for results in revolts ;) A good King doesnt need to be rich at all. He's just the one that decides about alot of money, which isnt his own. At least, I wouldnt see it as the Kings money that pays people for building streets, walls and prestige buildings, raising armies, funding science etc... Just like taxes dont belong to the government today. A government with debts still rules. Otherwise near to no governments would rule their countries.

Friend Code: 30EF47