COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Is VoxElyria after KoE launches in some ways an early Exposition?

after our last BBC livestream about VoxElyria/KoE ARCHIVED HERE it left me wondering about a couple of things

It has been said that with KoE the VoxElyria map becomes static and that some things will carry over to the full graphics version of CoE - will this extend to player-made buildings, roads etc?

if we prospect in KoE/VoE and discover ore deposits, will the same lode of metal be in the full graphics version?

with KoE allowing for:

does this mean somebody could purchase enough land parcels from scratch, become a mayor and build their own settlement that will be present in the full graphics version?

we should remember that KoE/VoE takes place a significant number of years prior to Exposition, and your KoE/VoE character will not survive to Exposition - their bloodline however (if applicable), will

10/17/2017 6:46:54 PM #1

While they have said for certain that some things will carry over, I don't think many of the alterations to land will. But, what they have said will carry over, is changes in your character's ranking in society, going from a mere adventurer all the way up to king. If I recall correctly, you are even able to access KoE if you manage to become baron tier in VoE.

It would follow that any settlement changes, like building a new town, or destroying one, will affect CoE in some way (the destroyed town, may be mossy ruins for instance). It would also only make sense, that if you manage to become a baron, that you have a town of your own, or if you manage to lose your town by the time CoE comes out, that you lose your baron status. (This is a hypothesis, not a known fact.)

But, I think it would be a good idea for them to reset any resource gathering, with the idea that the passage of time has done away with those changes. Just to avoid causing problems with the limited resources of CoE being heavily used before CoE even starts.

The mystery of the universe is like one big jigsaw puzzle, and we are forever discovering new pieces.

10/17/2017 7:41:15 PM #2

I seem to recall hearing that you could safely decide to not play VoxElyria and it wouldn't impact your experience. Doubt that applies to KoE, though.

10/18/2017 2:08:53 AM #3

I thought they didnt want to discourage players from playing VoxElyria, so they guaranteed that you wouldn't drop below your pledged rank, but it was possible to go higher, i.e, depose an NPC count

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/18/2017 7:53:01 AM #4

From what I understand, it might be possible to lose your land and title if they are taken away from you, since the dance of dynasties will be taking place during KoE and VoE, just like it will in exposition and CoE proper. However, the dev journals aren't entirely clear on this, so I can't say for certain.

It would be nice to have a definite yay or nay on this from the devs before KoE and VoE release. Since I think that losing your pledged items and ranks before the actual game releases would be a fairly big concern.

The mystery of the universe is like one big jigsaw puzzle, and we are forever discovering new pieces.

10/18/2017 6:03:30 PM #5

As I saw it you could lose your land but not your title. If you paid for a title you can't lose it until in the actual game. However you could possibly lose 99% of the lands that come with that title. That makes sense to me.

I could be wrong and most likely am but that's how I interpreted it.