COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Good people of Elyria we need the help of those that witnessed the fabled events of Saturday.

Please, good people of Elyria, it came to our knowledge that a most rare and marvelous event took place last Saturday/Sunday ( 14th of October for those living west of Luna, 15th of October, early Monday for those living east of Luna).

I have been told that a seer or shaman was possessed by the spirit of a magnificent being called The Creator (Caspian) and that this spirit shared with a few lucky souls some knowledge about food and taste and lawlessness.

Please if you are one of those blessed souls, come and share with us the knowledge that beautiful spirit bestowed upon you.

10/18/2017 6:17:53 PM #1

Erm..... whut?

10/18/2017 6:26:55 PM #2

I think he means caspian talked about food somewhere.

10/18/2017 10:47:30 PM #3

He spoke only shortly about food and how in real life different blood types use to prefer different foods and diets. He kind of had that idea like this for the different tribes and such.

He then got asked about allergies, said its not a thing yet but something they have thought about.

10/18/2017 11:49:53 PM #4

Posted By Sauska at 6:47 PM - Wed Oct 18 2017

He spoke only shortly about food and how in real life different blood types use to prefer different foods and diets. He kind of had that idea like this for the different tribes and such.

He then got asked about allergies, said its not a thing yet but something they have thought about.

I personally hope allergies aren't included as anaphylaxis wouldn't really be fun..,

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/19/2017 12:01:13 AM #5

Posted By LukeSpyro at 6:49 PM - Wed Oct 18 2017

Posted By Sauska at 6:47 PM - Wed Oct 18 2017

I personally hope allergies aren't included as anaphylaxis wouldn't really be fun..,

Just carry an EpiDagger

10/19/2017 1:20:38 AM #6

All of mann should just stick to eating plants and whatever comes out of them. Mann should not eat living breathing beings and whatever comes out of them. Firstly, innocent vulnerable beings dont have to die and/or suffer just for our delight. Secondly, nature is kept in balance. Thirdly all of mann can actually do without eating animals, therefore is unnecessary to kill animals for food. Therefore, you are killing animals for fun, which does not favour the spirits! Blessed be the Fae.

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

10/19/2017 1:39:36 AM #7

Posted By Verdecus at 11:20 AM - Thu Oct 19 2017

All of mann should just stick to eating plants and whatever comes out of them. Mann should not eat living breathing beings and whatever comes out of them. Firstly, innocent vulnerable beings dont have to die and/or suffer just for our delight. Secondly, nature is kept in balance. Thirdly all of mann can actually do without eating animals, therefore is unnecessary to kill animals for food. Therefore, you are killing animals for fun, which does not favour the spirits! Blessed be the Fae.

Guys we found the vegan.

Seriously though the game is going to be in depth enough without adding allergies to the balancing act, a good steak and a few veggies should be enough to keep us alive.

10/19/2017 2:23:53 AM #8

Does that mean you can poison food and drink?

10/19/2017 2:36:34 AM #9

Posted By Histati at 12:23 PM - Thu Oct 19 2017

Does that mean you can poison food and drink?

yes you have always been able to poison food and drink as assassins need to be able to do this plus if not then all those official food tasters will be out of a job....

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/19/2017 2:56:03 AM #10

Posted By Derron Forrgrim at 6:39 PM - Wed Oct 18 2017

Posted By Verdecus at 11:20 AM - Thu Oct 19 2017

Guys we found the vegan.

Seriously though the game is going to be in depth enough without adding allergies to the balancing act, a good steak and a few veggies should be enough to keep us alive.

lol what is this vegan you speak of. I am a just your average kypiq 😊 are you a triggered janoan or brudvir? you may die if you are 😀

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

10/19/2017 4:04:06 AM #11

I also agree with no allergies but I am happy to see a genetic/racial disposition towards or against certain foods just as the ability of those swamp dwelling ghosts of Janoan servants being able to eat what is leftover by all others.

As for the vegans I hope they taste good but struggling to think of a good word to finish off, Cow = Beef, Deer = Venison, Kypiq = ????.

Anyone able to help?

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/19/2017 4:25:43 AM #12

Posted By SilkyBazaar at 12:04 AM - Thu Oct 19 2017

I also agree with no allergies but I am happy to see a genetic/racial disposition towards or against certain foods just as the ability of those swamp dwelling ghosts of Janoan servants being able to eat what is leftover by all others.

As for the vegans I hope they taste good but struggling to think of a good word to finish off, Cow = Beef, Deer = Venison, Kypiq = ????.

Anyone able to help?

Kypiq = Squirrel

10/19/2017 4:35:33 AM #13

As a blessed soul who witnessed the coming of the Creator, here is what I remember (my memory as a mere mortal is flawed, but bear with me).

They decided against allergies, deciding that allergies were rooted in multiple exposures and that if something is going to be dangerous, it should always be dangerous. So no allergies because it introduces an untenable degree of uncertainty.

The Creator originally arrived to settle a dispute about voxElyria and KoE. The gist was: KoE is VoxElyria 2.0 with all the necessary mechanics and overlays for settlement building and land management, but it's a shared client. So by the loosest definition, everyone has access to KoE, but the land management systems are only relevant to aristocracy and nobility and royalty.

Regarding food, it was mostly in generalities addressing a concern on how depth is going to be added to cooking to make chef a viable mechanic, and it's a combination of what local ingredients are available to work with, different foods providing bonuses to different pursuits as previously mentioned in Q&As (Like protein being good for muscle-building), and also there being a genetic component where some tribes will process some foods better/more efficiently than others. So it's up to the chef to figure out which food will work best if x tribe wants to work on y attribute using local ingredients. Or that was my takeaway anyways.

I do not remember the other questions, unfortunately, and I might not remember what I did post perfectly, so keep that in mind.

Also known as AvA in Discord.

10/19/2017 7:03:50 AM #14

I don't want the game to get so complex that when playing a trip we need to make sure we pack 10+ different types of food when thinking about personal favorites, tribal favorites, religious believes, allergies, weather, length of journey, starting climate, destination climate, best food for each type of worker or fighter, etc.

I do want to have to plan ahead though.

10/19/2017 9:08:10 AM #15

Posted By Deftly at 03:03 AM - Thu Oct 19 2017

I don't want the game to get so complex that when playing a trip we need to make sure we pack 10+ different types of food when thinking about personal favorites, tribal favorites, religious believes, allergies, weather, length of journey, starting climate, destination climate, best food for each type of worker or fighter, etc.

I do want to have to plan ahead though.

I am also worried that such a great amount of complexity will become laborious making it less enjoyable as it will be restrictive