COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
PAX West 2017 Winners & Artifacts

Hail Elyrians!

Shortly after I write this, I'll be awarding prizes to our winners from our PAX West 2017 Conquest of Elyria. You should see those items show up in your inventory by the end of the day.

To remind people, the prizes were as follows:

Domain Prizes

• Day 1 - Emerald Ring of Conquest
  • Day 2 - Emerald Bracelet of Conquest
  • Day 3 - Emerald Necklace of Conquest
  • Day 4 - Emerald Ring of Conquest

As you already know, the Duchy of Helmwood won Day 1, with the County of Salix winning Days 2 - 4.

As a result, all players who were active on Day 1 and were members of Helmwood will see an Emerald Ring of Conquest show up in their inventory.

Members of Salix will see a Ring, Bracelet, and Necklace show up in their inventory.

Individual Prizes

While we hadn't announced the winners previously, the individual with the most (legitimate) resources gathered each day were awarded a special prize. An in-game Suit of Armor, Caparison, Horse, and Barding which matched the colors of their represented Domain.

We're pleased to announce the following winners:

• Day 1 - Luminios wins a full set showing the colors of Helmwood
  • Day 2 - Esoba wins a full set showing the colors of Velsheland
  • Day 3 - Idioticmaddog wins a full set showing the colors of Helmwood
  • Day 4 - Drun Redforge wins a full set showing the colors of Velsheland

Congratulations to our individual winners!

Community Prize

The final prize of Conquest is a Cloak of Community awarded to all participants - if we we reach at least 1,000 new, valid user registrations over the course of Conquest.

At 1,000 new registrations we award the Lesser Cloak of Community. For 2,000 new registrations we award the Cloak of Community, and for 3,000 new registrations we award the Greater Cloak of Community.

Note that these cloaks are colored according to the Conquest event - Blue for PAX East, Green for PAX West, and Orange for PAX AUS.

Unfortunately, we had too few new registrations and so while the Lesser Blue Cloak of Community was awarded after PAX East, there was no cloak earned during PAX West 2017.

Now, we have ways of determining whether it's a new user or an existing user, and whether they become contributing members or not. So there's no point in trying to cheat the system. However, earning the cloak, as well as earning a prize is valuable - and here's why!

Artifacts of Communication

While we hadn't announced it previously (we didn't want to ruin the surprise) we're about to hand out the third set of items at this year's PAX AUS - which means the surprise is now worthy of revealing.

On the clasp of each Cloak of Community is a broach containing three gem sockets. These sockets are specifically made to hold gemstones pulled from the Rings, Necklaces, and Bracelets of Conquest.

When you take any three - different colored gemstones out of the Ring, Bracelet, or Necklace of Conquest and combine them inside a Cloak of Community - it becomes a Cloak of Communication Artifact.

The Artifact enables further communication by granting the wearer of the cloak the ability to understand and speak two different languages as dictated by which cloak it is.

• The Blue Cloak of Communication allows communicating in Northerner or Yoru
  • The Green Cloak of Communication allows communicating in Wetlander or Tropical
  • The Orange Cloak of Communication allows communicating in Neran or Kypiq
  • The Red Cloak of Communication (PAX South) allows communicating in Deserter or Savanna

To recap, if we achieve 1,000... 2,000 ... or 3,000 new, registered users over the next few days, all participants will gain an Orange Cloak of Community.

As well, daily winners will pick up the Amber Ring, Amber Bracelet, or Amber Necklace of Conquest which can be combined with other Conquest Gems to turn the cloak into the Orange Cloak of Communication, allowing dialog with Neran and Kypiq in their native languages. And if you happened to pick up the Blue Cloak at PAX East 2017, you can go for Northerner or Yoru instead!

As a final note, there's three different cloaks - Lesser, Normal, and Greater. Each one provides progressively MORE understanding and communication of the foreign languages. So remember to invite your friends to join the community!

But remember, you need at least 250 Influence to participate or win prizes.

Future Conventions

Worried you missed a previous game of Conquest and missed out on your chance for the Cloak or Items? No worries. We'll be offering the same cloaks and items each year at the same conventions. So this winter, Conquest of PAX East will once again provide an opportunity to get the Blue cloak and items.

10/26/2017 8:29:29 PM #1

nice idea with the Artifact

10/26/2017 8:37:21 PM #2

Oh my, now they are actually useful, not just swag to show off! Now I really want one of those cloaks...

10/26/2017 8:58:59 PM #3

Cool concept! We want to have a wearable translator!

10/26/2017 9:24:27 PM #4

Wow boss, that's intricate :D

flexes fingers

10/26/2017 9:44:48 PM #5

Does this mean the green cloak doesn't/won't exist at all? :o

10/26/2017 10:20:45 PM #6

Posted By NiHZ at 2:44 PM - Thu Oct 26 2017

Does this mean the green cloak doesn't/won't exist at all? :o

Read the last paragraph. At PAX West 2018 the Green Cloak will once again be available to try and earn.

10/26/2017 11:22:52 PM #7

A superbe.

10/27/2017 12:48:21 AM #8

Oh dam that is awesome.

10/29/2017 6:11:14 AM #9

@Caspian i am wandering when will i see this items in my inventory since i was part of Salix?

Nice work guys.

10/29/2017 7:37:28 AM #10

Posted By Tonchek at 08:11 AM - Sun Oct 29 2017

@Caspian i am wandering when will i see this items in my inventory since i was part of Salix?

Nice work guys.

Caspian said today on Discord that both PAX West and PAX Aus prizes will be awarded some time next week.

11/19/2017 11:58:00 PM #11

Hi all congratulations on your wins i have just joined and have not got a home i am in Australia and would like to be a merchant does any one have a spot for me

1/20/2018 1:19:37 PM #12

Completely sorry to resurrect this thread, but I had to be away for a bit (death in the family) and just got back to see I won day 2's individual. Anyways, anyone know if these items have appeared in people's inventory? The "full set" hasn't shown up in my inventory yet, so I was just curious.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/20/2018 1:40:32 PM #13

Hey Esoba, Congrats!

No one has seen the prizes for this, at least not to my knowledge. However, there's new stuff coming out soon, like name reservation and account merging etc., so keep an eye out, since there's likely to be a flurry of new things happening soon (tm).

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/2/2018 12:18:01 PM #14

I literally just saw that I won the individual prize of Day 4. Is there a way to send out a notification via PM or email to the winners? I'm going to look dope as a Hrothi in all of that gear atop a horse.

I was also wondering if you could add the Norwegian Fjord horse into CoE. They're smaller draught horses with great strength and agility. They're also beautiful and can have their mane customized through cutting.

4/2/2018 12:33:51 PM #15

Posted By Drun Redforge at 07:18 AM - Mon Apr 02 2018

I literally just saw that I won the individual prize of Day 4. Is there a way to send out a notification via PM or email to the winners? I'm going to look dope as a Hrothi in all of that gear atop a horse.

Hello, Drun Redforge. For any inquiries about this, I recommend for you to send an email to [email protected], so a ticket can be created. :)