COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Fighting styles

So I'm curious about the mechanics for learning fighting styles. The game seems to support the idea of progression and specialization and unique skills so my main concern is this: is the melee fighting style the same for everyone? Or is it like, "x" fighting style is popular among these tribes and can be taught by 'practitioners' and masters?

Or is it based solely on class? And if so, are fighting styles class locked? Or are the martial arts dependant on the weapons used?

And if they are different, are there different benefits and consequences for each?

10/27/2017 12:38:22 AM #1

From my understanding each tribe will have different characteristics and thus certain fighting styles will take advantages of these characteristics, ie what works for the Kypiq may not work for the Dras or for the Neran. While any tribe can use any style some are just more geared towards that tribe and will be more effective.

That being said, if you truly want to be a great warrior I feel you may have to travel and learn more than one style or weapon form from the different tribes in the world. Once you learn these styles or moves, then you can combine them in the way you feel is more effective. I think it is a mixed approach not locking you to a single style. You can have a Kypiq attack, Dras block, and a Neran counter if you so desire.

I am looking forward to the release of more information but I feel that each tribe will have a different style attack. A Dras sword attack may be slightly different than a Neran sword attack. And since this game is Classless I would think could use any weapon you wish, though some may be more efficient than others, for example a small Kypiq will have trouble lifting and using a Brudvir Greatsword.

So what I plan on doing is traveling the world, picking up all the basic fighting techniques I can, see which ones work for me or that I like, then try to specialize those and weave them into the advanced training for my tribe.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

10/28/2017 12:11:08 AM #2

Thanks for clarifying. I just got confused when all the characters in the released alpha vids held and used their rapier in an identical style.

2/13/2018 7:38:21 AM #3

Very well said Sullen :)

I like the idea of using polearms like glaives myself, so I look forward to more information about combat and how versatile it will allow people to be.

"Change, or know your fate.." - Elijah Sozo

3/5/2018 3:44:46 PM #4

Posted By Sullen at 7:38 PM - Thu Oct 26 2017

I am looking forward to the release of more information but I feel that each tribe will have a different style attack. A Dras sword attack may be slightly different than a Neran sword attack. And since this game is Classless I would think could use any weapon you wish, though some may be So what I plan on doing is traveling the world, picking up all the basic fighting techniques I can, see which ones work for me or that I like, then try to specialize those and weave them into the advanced training for my tribe.

If this is possible, I definitely will do the same

3/5/2018 5:16:46 PM #5

Think I've read about some veapons not being usable or less effective with other tribes, so there will be something different. Longer arms or legs will surely matter as well as strength and agility. We know smaller tribes can slip through smaller spaces than big ones so there are may possibilities for them to make it advanced.

Big fan of choosing how my characters moves, be it fighting or just walking so I am hopefull we get some insight soon.

3/17/2018 3:19:56 PM #6

curious will there be orinetal (Japanese or chinese) martial arts styles in the game? armed and unarmed?

When you want to shoot, shoot dont talk!

4/22/2018 4:49:41 PM #7

I am a fan of oriental styles. Light armours. Dual hand. And crippling blows. I hope they will let us learn and train with multiple weapons and styles. Hopefully being able to combine them in novel ways.

• Kypiq with blowgun and dual knives

• Hrothi with shield and hammer

• Brudvir with dual axes and a longbow

Those are my preferences. If I could recreate Kali style that would be very cool.

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)