COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Family selection based on Occupation

So I have the settler pledge and Can use my ep to buy a land use kit that will give me a parcel of land to do my stuff on which I plan to have my family be animal tamers, breeding water buffalo mostly.

but I want to know if I choose a family with animal tamer as their main occupation won't i automatically get the land and lifestock that my NPC parents were using before I chose them?

And if that's the case then would I need to buy the land use kit at all? or could I spend my EP towards upgrading my NPC parents ranch and maybe getting a bigger house?

11/12/2017 1:38:15 AM #1

I believe that if you choose a family of animal tamers but don't spend any initial EP, then your family will probably start with land and lifestock, but they will not be owned by your character. You may (if you remain in good graces and are the favored child) eventual inherit the possession of your parents' land and animals, but you will not begin with them.

You probably will have a job to start with and can earn a living as a animal tamer, but neither the animals nor the land will be yours.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

11/12/2017 3:25:06 AM #2

When you join a family you will have to decide which family you wan to join based on Land and Holdings, Wealth, Number of Siblings, and probably Location and Tribe. So you won't have to join the game and immediately have to buy land for your family, your family should already be established in the world and you are just joining them.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/15/2017 9:15:38 PM #3

For those of us who purchased mayor not on kick starter do you think when we first get into the game if we miss out on spending that EP and doing the thing right at the end of beta to set our family history, how do you think it will work?

It always felt a little funny just thinking about being a mayor at the age of 15 by the way

Mayor Solarax of House Iron Stag

11/15/2017 9:43:25 PM #4

Posted By SoLarRax at 3:15 PM - Wed Nov 15 2017

For those of us who purchased mayor not on kick starter do you think when we first get into the game if we miss out on spending that EP and doing the thing right at the end of beta to set our family history, how do you think it will work?

It always felt a little funny just thinking about being a mayor at the age of 15 by the way

Beta will be wiped so nothing done in beta will carry forward.

Exposition is the 3 month world building that marks he start of Live CoE and is when you spend EP. any EP not spent by launch becomes story points at an undisclosed rate.

Also you will not be a mayor at 15. You will start as a NTC or non traditional character and already be established in the world as an adult.

It was said you could skip playing KoE and the voxxal version you would just have to make due with what happens to your lands while you are away. I don’t think (or haven’t heard) what happens if you skip land selection.