COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
viewable stats?

In many MMOs I have previously played (Guild Wars 2, Everquest 2, DC Universe Online), most of these games have some kind of a racial difference.

in GW2 different races just means that you get unique racial abilities, visual and starting point, but not stats, in Everquest 2 all the races have different stats, AND abilities.

So here's my question, before the game launches, will the races have solid stat numbers? For example:

Brudvir:

Strength: 28

Agility: 11

Dexterity: 14

Stamina: 22

Survival: 25

Deviant: 13 etc...

OR - will the races have ranged stats, For example:

Brudvir:

Strength: 24-29

Agility: 7-12

Dexterity: 13-16

Stamina: 19-24

Survival: 24-27

Deviant: 12-13

So when you create your character and the 'soul' begins to generate with the engine's story telling, will those numbers be randomly picked from those ranges, or will the chosen visual of the character determine those numbers, like a skinny character has more agility than strength.

I know that going into a family you will be TAKING OVER a pre-made character, but if you are making a ward, how will those numbers work?

11/25/2017 1:32:57 AM #1

There will be something like this to work with.

http://media.chroniclesofelyria.com/concepts/e1de104c80594ecc8fb8412fd83e77b2.jpg

And relevant dev journal

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/620/DJ-8-Character-Roles-and-Skill-Advancement

11/25/2017 1:55:17 AM #2

The limits for each character will be based on the tribe, but the stats will be a spectrum. CaptainWillCockerham's post has the links for it

Oh hey there

11/25/2017 2:05:02 AM #3

Don't confuse the skill groups for the stats! For the attributes (aka the stats) you will want to read this wiki page.

As for the attribute foundation I believe there will be some base values according to race that will have variations according to a characters genetics; in other words not every Brudvir for example will be equal. I don't know if anything more specific have been said on the subject though.

11/25/2017 2:44:20 AM #4

Stats will also rise and fall based on what you end up doing in the world. If you spend all day chopping wood you'll be strong but your intelligence will not be good. If you just run all day your stamina will be good but your other stats won't be. Being a bookworm will raise your intelligence scores but you'll be weak. So tribes aren't so much about setting up your permanent stats as much as they are about changing your min/max range for a stat along with changing how quickly you can gain ground in a particular stat.