COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Question for mods on Q&A

Today during the Q&A I asked some non-10k exclusive questions (at least the first question was mentioned by Vye as being non-10k) and I was wondering if they could be transferred to the General Discussion forum?

Here were the questions:

Q1. Say you are coming back from resource gathering with some people and your group is accosted by bandits. Your group is successful in incapacitating the bandits. Can you then tie the bandits up and force them to come with you to be handed over to the local sheriff / magistrate even though you don't have a bounty token yet for them?

A1. Yea because they broke a law. They'd be flagged as criminals because they broke a law. Yes you can. Implicit contracts like laws, if somebody breaks one of those laws and you witness it... then to everybody who witnessed it they become violators and you basically get a free bounty token. There are no bounty tokens necessarily for law breakers, they just, anybody can do it.

Q2. How much does "wide" skill progression correspond to how much "deep" skill progression and how much do they both contribute to the parent skill(s) progression?

A2. Wide will generally have a bigger impact than deep in terms of the parent's skill progression. So for example: if I become a master at making a certain type of blade, that I'll be very good at making that one type of blade but my overall blacksmithing will not improve as much as if I, for example, try making various types of blades as well as like horseshoes as well as shovels and other things like that. Like that will have a greater impact on my overall blacksmithing skills than becoming a master of just a single thing.

Q3. Will there be group lifting for when people go to gather heavy resources such as stone?

A3. We have various types of world interaction. There are some that we are looking at doing as Priority One; there are some that we are doing as Priority Two; and others that are Priority Three. Group lifting is a Priority Three world interaction mechanic that is already spec'd and it is something that we are planning to do. It will not be there during Alpha. It will potentially not even be there during Beta One. It's much later. But we do want to have the ability to, for example, group lift logs and things like that for when you're doing construction and stuff like that. So it's something that we want to do. We have reasons for wanting to do it and it's never been done before that I'm aware of. Which you know we like doing things that have never been done before.

11/30/2017 11:41:11 AM #1

Nice Job

Count Dante Rhyne The Black Fox of Vornair

C61D9F

12/5/2017 12:58:25 PM #2

As Protey proposed this thread has been moved from 10k Exclusive as the topics of discussion are not under NDA.

12/5/2017 5:22:13 PM #3

Very awesome of you to compile this for the community at large Protey. Beautiful thing to want to spread information to folks :)

12/5/2017 6:20:33 PM #4

Bombastus imagines dozens of grimy, dirty, battered-down soldiers hauling a siege bridge under a hail of arrows, gunning for the moat while an assault force nervously prepares to charge after.

Mmmm. Group lifting...

12/5/2017 8:40:55 PM #5

Posted By Bombastus at 6:20 PM - Tue Dec 05 2017

Bombastus imagines dozens of grimy, dirty, battered-down soldiers hauling a siege bridge under a hail of arrows, gunning for the moat while an assault force nervously prepares to charge after.

Mmmm. Group lifting...

Bridge Four!