COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How much EP should a Merchant(Settler) buy?

Hello guys, I've bought a merchant (now called settler) tear one year ago. This means that already have 225EP. 225EP I can buy a land-use kit (that cost 175EP and gives me 1 land and the tools to have a profession) and I can spent 50EP with some other itens. As I want to build a hamlet, I need at least 3 plots of land (when I bought my tier I intended to buy this extra 2 plots of land ingame with my busness' profits but I want start my hamlet since the start of the exposition so I'm buying EP) My question is: How much EP should I buy? I'm afraid of buying to much land with EP and can't handle it and lose. What do u think?

12/26/2017 12:59:45 AM #1

Hello Manuelhmr,

As for your question about how much EP you should buy that would be 200( as far as anyone knows each plot will be 100 ep in cost. As for the defence of such land that is up to the barony since they will be the ones collecting taxes in order to buy defences and prepare a standing military. .

Luna server. Brudvir, Mayor/Shipwright/Lumberjack/Hunter. Kingdom Vornair, Duchy Dawn's Reach, county Penhook Bridge, Town: Amber Harbor, Currently, have 2500 EP at my disposal to develop my business. Friend Code: AB0DD0

12/26/2017 1:15:44 AM #2

I'm worried not only with the defences, but If I can handle the expenses aswell. 200 EP seems good, but I may buy a little bit more.

12/26/2017 2:30:28 AM #3

I found this helpful to guest guesstimate: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition_Points

OCE | Kingdom of Lor Voskara | Duchy of Summerfell Mire | Castell Rhuddlan

12/26/2017 2:32:31 AM #4

I plant to buy 3 parcels too but I have around 1000 ep because I want to have pre built infastruscture for farming and breeding on my land so I can hire people to work it and start making money instantly. I could slit it up like this, one parcel for my home and personal interest, one for farming and housing the farmers, and one parcel for letting the animals for training and breeding free range.

12/26/2017 12:57:33 PM #5

Posted By Zairick at 10:59 AM - Tue Dec 26 2017

Hello Manuelhmr,

As for your question about how much EP you should buy that would be 200( as far as anyone knows each plot will be 100 ep in cost. As for the defence of such land that is up to the barony since they will be the ones collecting taxes in order to buy defences and prepare a standing military. .

Bear in mind that base value of 100EP is for plots of minimal land value. If you be wanting to put your hamlet on land that does indeed have some value to it then that base cost will be multiplied to correspond with it's value.

Posted By ManuelHMR at

My question is: How much EP should I buy? I'm afraid of buying to much land with EP and can't handle it and lose. What do u think?

If you are afraid of spending too much on EP then I would suggest simply putting the money aside and wait until Exposition itself - when you have found your ideal location and know exactly how how much you need to buy the plots you want, as well as the buildings/structures/items you need and want to set yourself up there - to buy the exact amount of EP required.

EP will be purchasable all the way through Expo until Launch, precisely so people can put into action ideas for their characters/domains that they may not of thought of (and thus purchased EP to implement) until they entered Expo and started going through the process of setting things up.

Imgur Imgur

12/26/2017 2:05:48 PM #6

Posted By Sharielane at 10:57 AM - Tue Dec 26 2017

Bear in mind that base value of 100EP is for plots of minimal land value. If you be wanting to put your hamlet on land that does indeed have some value to it then that base cost will be multiplied to correspond with it's value.

Oh! That's really important.

12/26/2017 2:07:07 PM #7

I think that I'll have 900EP. More then that would be too expensive.

1/5/2018 9:43:45 PM #8

Has there been a set size listed yet for the 100EP land. this would be very helpful . for scaling and estimations of Farms homesteads-hamlets- Villa's Villages and Towns or City's 1 section of fence is listed as 32m.

Can there be a ruling from the Devs

1/6/2018 9:49:33 PM #9

If you are thinking about did you buy too many EP. Fear not! Any EP you don't spend in exposition is converted to Story Points which you can use in...something. In a nutshell, your unused EP won't go wasted.

Anyway, it depends a lot what kind of merchant you are planning to be. Some merchants just need a shop => spend you EP on that. But if you also plan to produce stuff to sell => plan on using EP on infra.

You can always contact you mayor and ask is there anything the town can do for you and your business. Any flourishing business also helps the town.

No need to do everything yourself. If/when you take over an NPC merchant, he/she should already have a shop etc. So you probably shouldn't plan from zero.

You can buy the EP when you know what you need and what is available. Atm, you don't know neither... too early to plan how much EP is required. But you can alwys draw some basic plans.

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

1/15/2018 10:26:37 AM #10

Posted By WILL WERVEN at 07:43 AM - Sat Jan 06 2018

Has there been a set size listed yet for the 100EP land. this would be very helpful . for scaling and estimations of Farms homesteads-hamlets- Villa's Villages and Towns or City's 1 section of fence is listed as 32m.

Each parcel of land is 64m x 64m, which is 4096m2 - which in turn is very close in size to an acre in real life terms (4046.86m2) if you want a real life comparison.

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Land_Management

Imgur Imgur

1/15/2018 11:24:14 AM #11

Posted By Sharielane at 05:26 AM - Mon Jan 15 2018

Posted By WILL WERVEN at 07:43 AM - Sat Jan 06 2018

Each parcel of land is 64m x 64m, which is 4096m2 - which in turn is very close in size to an acre in real life terms (4046.86m2) if you want a real life comparison.

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Land_Management

Yes, all the plots are the same size. The thing is that some plots will cost more than others based I guess on where they are and or whats on them. For example, if there is an iron mine on the plot I imagine that would cost more than one that is a swamp with no resources. In case you missed this thread. The first representation gives you a good idea of what will fit on a plot.

plot of land

4/2/2018 2:54:20 PM #12

I’m a little confused... if we are talking about Exposition, and using points to purchase Landuse kits along with a couple of plots, where does the idea of different land values come into this? My reading of the information says that there is one price for a plot, 100 points, and you use those points by just picking an unoccupied plot to buy. It doesn’t say anything about the price changing.

Did I miss something?

After the launch the prices will definitely vary based on many different factors. No question property sales will be very similar to RL. I just don’t see where it says the same for Exposition.

What am I missing?

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)

4/2/2018 2:58:40 PM #13

Posted By Klorinth at 10:54 AM - Mon Apr 02 2018

I’m a little confused... if we are talking about Exposition, and using points to purchase Landuse kits along with a couple of plots, where does the idea of different land values come into this? My reading of the information says that there is one price for a plot, 100 points, and you use those points by just picking an unoccupied plot to buy. It doesn’t say anything about the price changing.

Did I miss something?

After the launch the prices will definitely vary based on many different factors. No question property sales will be very similar to RL. I just don’t see where it says the same for Exposition.

What am I missing?

In the follow up post that covered kits and gave some examples of cost, land is something that can increase in rarity. Thus, it may require more money to purchase a piece of land that is more rare (due to resources or something else), as compared to "normal" or sub-optimal land. The price increases could follow this pattern:

Common: 1x Uncommon: 2x Rare: 5x Treasured: 20x Legendary: 100x

Alt text - can be left blank

4/2/2018 3:05:01 PM #14

I'm not concerned about EP. We're obviously going to be able to acquire stuff in-game, and as far as I know a Baron or Count can probably sell you a plot of land for whatever they want. So just kiss some ass and save your money lol.

4/2/2018 5:04:10 PM #15

Posted By Tiffany at 01:05 AM - Tue Apr 03 2018

I'm not concerned about EP. We're obviously going to be able to acquire stuff in-game, and as far as I know a Baron or Count can probably sell you a plot of land for whatever they want. So just kiss some ass and save your money lol.

That be the smart way to do it. Then put whatever on it when you get the land. Everyone thinks you need heaps of EP for land. When really you just need to kiss ass good.