COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Witches and rituals

Are there any witches and rituals in the game?

1/4/2018 4:10:59 AM #1

its a question of will there be, there are many mechanics or capabilities of a character that are still unknown. Magic will be a rare commodity randomly assigned to around 3% of player base, based on actions. Thus ruling out witches having magical abilities, but there is still capability to use alchemy and other arts in the game to emulate a witch.

1/4/2018 5:26:26 AM #2

Do you necessarily need to be a magic user to perform a ritual? Isn't the power of a ritual inherent to the ritual itself and not dependent on the magical power of the performer of the ritual? Just a thought.

1/4/2018 5:51:20 AM #3

CHESHIREGUEVARA, the cat on your profile picture looks like it could be my cats grandfather.

Everyone is a monster to someone. The Sea can give you the World. Discord: https://discord.gg/KfQY2vq

1/4/2018 6:04:38 AM #4

Posted By CheshireGuevara at 12:26 AM - Thu Jan 04 2018

Do you necessarily need to be a magic user to perform a ritual? Isn't the power of a ritual inherent to the ritual itself and not dependent on the magical power of the performer of the ritual? Just a thought.

Agreed. Caspian is a big fan of the Wheel of Time. In the series there are relics from the Age of Legends that perform extraordinary things that don't require any form of magic. In CoE he hinted that there will be relics from long ago that does certain things that we need to figure out. Maybe rituals can come into play this way? I'd still like the traditional way of Witches mixing stuff together but that can easily be role played to an extent via Alchemy in game.

Count Cartagia Vintari- Duchy of Vitalis

1/4/2018 9:36:57 AM #5

I think being a witch could be possible, though as was pointed out, without necessarily being a magic user. Since they mentioned rare relics that will exist in the game and they should have some form of abilities, it's just that you have to obtain the relic first but also possess the knowledge of how to use one. So I could imagine that being as a ritual in some way, certainly something you could be considered a witch for. Hard to say what exactly those artifacts would do, how rare they will be(probably very rare) or things like the impact they can have. But it's one thing they talked about that sounded pretty cool to me :)

1/4/2018 10:13:32 AM #6

Isn't it enough to know that there will be rituals?

I prefer to explore details about this in ingame books. Do a special amount of try's to unlock ritual knowledge. If you know too much before... it's less interesting.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/4/2018 11:45:11 AM #7

Posted By Landion at 12:51 AM - Thu Jan 04 2018

CHESHIREGUEVARA, the cat on your profile picture looks like it could be my cats grandfather.

Or my Familiar! Ehhh,haaaaaha.

A bad poem written way too early in the morning for your pleasure.

I brewed a few potions, used the stars to tell fortunes: I trained some black cats, while wearing pointy hats: I learned about herbs, to help calm peoples nerves: I helped cure the sick, made May fall in love with Dick: Yet they burned me at the stake, or drowned me in a lake: because the things they said they saw, were all against Gods law: Special powers I had not, but those coals sure were hot: so if this can happen on God's green earth, why not also on Elyrian's virgin turf?:

1/4/2018 3:21:09 PM #8

The Devs have stated that when it comes to magic it will be rare indeed and not simply fireballs. So I hope when it comes to magic that it will be more involved such as a ritual. I can see the gathering of several needed items from different locations, the preparation, the ritual itself which I hope takes some time and then the result be it what you were looking for or not. I know shaman are in the game which in my view is more of a formally uneducated doctor which deals with natural remedies such as potions and ointments. I am just hoping that any attempted ritual will not be lumped into a alternate religion where there is not any bonuses associated with it. I am hoping rituals and practices would be part of the game since there were such things back in the day and superstitions were very prevalent in society.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the