COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
In CoE I would love to see....

Hey everyone! What things are you hoping or wishing you would be able to see in Chronicles of Elyria?

For me, here are a few things:

• Gift Shops: Buying gifts for romantic interests. Buying toys or other things for my children.

• Interactions with children - such as holding hands and carrying.

• NPCs who run - and do other things PCs do. To make them more convincing!

• Cats and dogs.

• Color choices for pets.

What kinds of things do you want to see?

1/7/2018 6:27:09 PM #1

Posted By promise at

Hey everyone! What things are you hoping or wishing you would be able to see in Chronicles of Elyria?

For me, here are a few things:

• Gift Shops: Buying gifts for romantic interests. Buying toys or other things for my children.

• Interactions with children - such as holding hands and carrying.

• NPCs who run - and do other things PCs do. To make them more convincing!

• Cats and dogs.

• Color choices for pets.

What kinds of things do you want to see? Thats an awesome Idea , Romance , Cats and Dogs and Parenting !! I would like to add one thing further Raising cows and chickens like having a "Harvest Moon " aspect into the game !!

May your Path be True and your Heart Follow suit .

1/7/2018 6:34:13 PM #2

+1 color choice for pets: but will settle for random colors that make sense to the type of pet.

I would love to see NPC vagrants, begging for change when you pass by. Or talking smack to you for not giving them any change.

I would love to see NPC's trying to swindle PC's with deviant type of contract or just with a bad deal.

1/7/2018 6:51:13 PM #3

Guard animals. I would love to have a dog that could defend my property.

1/7/2018 6:51:44 PM #4

.... everything they said they would do, but with a bit more gore :)

1/7/2018 7:58:09 PM #5

[delete me, double posted]

1/7/2018 8:01:13 PM #6

x

1/7/2018 8:03:21 PM #7

Great ideas, Eric. My favorites are hair being clipped and taken as a resource, and the capture system. Imagine how many stories could come from an important person being held captive?

[EDIT] Maybe only someone with enough skill at deviancy is capable of pulling it off.

1/7/2018 10:30:59 PM #8

Cats, definitely. I like the idea of the guard dogs as well. It could be very useful. They could alert you with barks if someone approaches a specific radius you have set and attack if instructed.

Maybe specific breeds of dogs would have more skill at scaring off unwanted guests, just like in real life. Then we could apply that idea to other jobs - farm dogs (used for herding, guarding livestock and pest control), hunting (alerting an owner that an animal is near by), rescue (similar to how the Swiss used St. Bernards) and, of course, companionship!

~ Alyvs Trésdaum

1/7/2018 10:43:35 PM #9

I love all those ideas!

1/8/2018 2:16:03 AM #10

Posted By EricShade at 12:01 PM - Sun Jan 07 2018

• Capture System - SBS has said there will be no capture system. I would really like to see this revisited. People should be able to be captured (and also be able to escape capture) in order to drag them off to the judge or to jail. Capture time can be limited and have a cooldown period to combat griefing. There can also be an option for the player who is captured to suffer spirit loss and escape their captors immediately (such as via biting off their tongue). This would be the same consequence that they would have suffered if they had simply been CDG'd. This system seems necessary in order to have a nuanced judgement system and a way to allow guards to actually capture criminals. A system purely based on voluntary compliance or killing the person seems too simplistic and binary.

Wish granted: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22806/question-for-mods-on-qa

1/8/2018 2:32:40 AM #11

I would like a pack of hunting dogs to be able to tree an animal and then use a bow to shoot it down.

1/8/2018 3:44:41 AM #12

I would like romance interactions like partner dances. I would also like for there to be a mechanic for nobility to throw balls or other kinds of parties and send invitations. I would like to see different kinds of wedding attire along with interesting wedding ceremonies that differ significantly by religion. Would be interested to see portraits of previous rulers set in hallways of mansions for dukes and royalty.

1/8/2018 3:47:37 AM #13

While I am not addressing Magic directly I would love to see Rituals in CoE. From the harvesting of items to make a offering to a Deity and have that actually mean something. Perhaps fasting or bathing in a certain oil or herb would enhance the religion bonus you get from going to church. While this sounds a little down in the weeds or a too micro for the game I feel for those religious figures or pure knights would feel a little closer to their characters.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

1/8/2018 7:07:35 PM #14

Mine is unlikely, but I would like to see the proliferation of small-scale magic as the game develops. True magi should always be rare - those born with the actual talent for true, terrifying magic - but I would like to see significantly weaker, cantrip-style magic and talents with very narrowly focused magical potential eventually start to spread (things like lycanthropy, the use of runes and rituals to slightly bend the rules of nature to one's advantage, etc...) once people work out how to trigger them and discover common methods.

I'm also very hopeful for creature grappling. Players being able to grab a creature and tussle with it, or climb it if it's big enough (Monster-Hunter style), and also to be grappleable by creatures (small creatures may bite or latch on with limbs to attack; large creatures may simply try to eat you or pin you down and ravage you).

Completely different bent, and perhaps not so relevant to the topic... but I would like to see CoE's optimisation refined so much that we can have thousands of players and NPCs rendered on a player's computer with no latency. I want to be able to watch an entire battlefield from elevated ground in full detail.

This one I know won't make it in... but I would like to see cults that persist for long enough eventually create figures of minor divinity through the strength of their belief. Be it through holy/good means (faith, prayer and devotion to an ideal or force that isn't one of the established gods) or unholy/evil means (blood sacrifice, the affliction of misery and hurt upon innocent people, or outright war upon the established religions), I feel that if a cult gains enough influence in the world, it should influence the world itself.

Lastly: I would like to see a completely unique technology tree. It's safe to say that ballistics was one of the core innovations that drove humanity's development from the point of its conception. What might have happened if humanity discovered a means to exploit other natural forces they way we did explosions? What effect would that have had on the societies that mastered each stage of those technologies? A few artists have explored this, and some very few ideas (Steampunk, for example) were fantastic enough to become central fantasy themes. A completely unique and properly implemented tech tree would be mind-blowingly amazing in a game like this.

Unfortunately, for all the appeal of my ideas... most of them would be hell to code >.>

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

1/10/2018 8:24:22 PM #15

Mann-made ponds would be nice