COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Train your animals

We know that there will be pets ingame... probably some got a Special usage or skill or i can ride on it.

But if I thought about detailed game experience... growing bees. Tame horses etc. there get a question in my mind.

May it be possible to tame other animals like "animal for riding" Probably it would be possible to grow my horses... breed..."lvl up" or even Train them.

But how will this work? What Kind of directions we can go? (Speed / Weight / Stamina) or will there be more and detailed attributes.

Else... can I tame a Bird... or a snake or what ever animal will be outside? Can I even Train them to fight against other animals.

(I try to evolve a City including fighting pits...but maybe animal fights would interest People too to watch and invest in bets!! )

Alt text - can be left blank

1/10/2018 3:08:56 PM #1

The "cock fight" idea is pretty nice. I guess that such a thing would be cool. unfortunately, up till now there is no detail about how the pet will be (if any) trained. what we actually know is that animals too will have some kind of "genetics" mechanic (similiar to the one used for PC) so you will probably be able to breed them in order to get the best specimen.

1/10/2018 3:51:22 PM #2

Lol Animal fight is atrocious. Way you dont tame animals to create a Zoo like in my City. Save animal from extinction in Elyria is a better idea and gain more profit.

1/10/2018 5:35:20 PM #3

I hope that will be possible to train tamed horses to turn them into warhorses for a cavalry.

1/10/2018 6:41:30 PM #4

You can tame/train any creature that does not have sentience. They gave an example that you wouldn't be able to tame a dragon because they have intelligence (or some similar wording).

1/10/2018 7:34:47 PM #5

I read somewhere in the list of skills, one of them was Breaking/taming animals.

This is my circus, those are my lions, so says the flying monkey. Count in the Kingdom of Riftwood NA-W. Friend code A188BA

1/11/2018 9:20:42 AM #6

We don't have specifics yet, but taming is in. Bloodlines will also likely be a thing (not in that there will be pre-existing ones, but that traits will carry down genetically through breeding, and thus the breeder will be able to create trait groupings they desire over time in their stock). This is one bit of content I'm really looking forward to hearing more about.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.