COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Boats?

Will we have boats in CoE?

1/12/2018 10:18:01 PM #1

The only reason i ask is id like to have a massive merchant navy =)

1/12/2018 10:25:57 PM #2

To start with we aren't going to have boats that are larger than small boats, nothing that can survive on the ocean. After the game has been out a while and needs to expand, we'll be able to research sailing vessels in order to explore new continents, which will also bring about new tribes.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

1/12/2018 10:57:15 PM #3

River travel will be common in the to'resk wetlands. And inner sea travel will exist also, so like the mediterrarean trade, or gulf of mexico style.

Ship Technology will eventually come to the point of open sea travel but not at the start of game.

From what we know about the current tribes, the tribe most oriented to river and sea travel are the To'resk, one of the most common jobs in To'resk society is ship building so if you wanna play with ships and boats To'resk might be a good starting tribe for you.

1/13/2018 6:29:12 AM #4

Posted By Fardo at 1:18 PM - Fri Jan 12 2018

The only reason i ask is id like to have a massive merchant navy =)

Not to crush dreams, but just as a reminder, ships will cost a huge amount of money and resources just as they did in ancient times. Therefore, you will probably need the backing of a state group or several wealthy families to get you started. However, if you ever do get this money please remember me, I would love to help.

1/13/2018 7:14:02 AM #5

Since today's announcement said one of the servers' continent (Oceanus) was going to be an archipelago, I think there will be some fairly substantial boats right from the start. Of course, "substantial" could mean something like Polynesian catamarans.