COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The current timeline

I'm sort of confused by the current timeline :/. If you use the wiki as a source you get the development timeline and the summary of Exposition

"Exposition is an early access period of 3 months before the launch, such access is guaranteed for anyone who has purchased a pledge package at the Bloodline tier package or higher"

That has to have changed if Beta 2 comes after Exposition right?

1/13/2018 8:54:43 AM #1

From the latest update today:

Posted By Caspian

Pre-Alpha with VoxElyria Beginning around April, and the completion of Release 0.3.0, players with Alpha 1 access will able to log into a pre-Alpha version of Chronicles of Elyria using the VoxElyria client. For those unfamiliar, VoxElyria is a voxel-based web client that we've created to quickly iterate on gameplay mechanics. It still connects to the Chronicles of Elyria backend, but doesn't use the Unreal Engine as a client. This separation means that we're able to get CoE into the hands of players even while we continue to iterate on systems which are heavily dependent on the UE4 client; systems such as crafting and combat, which require a full 3D user-experience.

>As this is a Pre-Alpha release, it'll be under NDA and will be put into the hands of our Alpha 1 backers first. Anyone who has a pledge package with Alpha 1 access, or who has purchased Alpha 1 Access from the a la carte store will be among the first to step foot into Elyria.

After that, we'll continue to increase the size of the pre-Alpha audience at irregular intervals, depending on how the pre-Alpha testing is going. We'll first move onto backers with Alpha 2 access, then Beta 1 access, then Beta 2 access, and finally we'll open up access to all community members who have purchased a package and will lift the NDA. In the meantime, we wanted to show you some Work-In-Progress characters. Here you can see what a couple of the tribes look like in VoxElyria.

Hope that provides some clarity.

1/13/2018 5:27:01 PM #2

Exposition (S1 2019)

Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)

Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)

Launch (S2 2019)

I found the launch rough draft, which isn't consistent with the graph on the wiki I guess :/. For some reason it shows launch is give or take in 2020 on the wiki, which got me confused, because it looked like the timeline would have around a 6 month break after exposition.

Appreciate your help.

1/13/2018 7:31:42 PM #3

Exposition is most certainly after Beta I & II

It's the build out for the cities, towns, etc that will be available at the official launch

I'll update my post once I've located that on here for us

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
1/13/2018 10:35:44 PM #4

The Development Timeline IS NOT the Production Timeline. Development Timeline refers to when SBS is focusing most of their work on certain key features. Exposition will most likely be available S2 2019 or S1 2020.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878