COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Fantasy Domain Selection

I divided the sample map into my best guesses for duchy boundaries. Using this map and the (outdated, but useful) influence rankings from Emery's infinitely useful domain list, you can play your own Fantasy Domain Selection. Just start at the top of the influence chart for each rank and pick a spot. Instant fun!

1/13/2018 5:22:32 PM #1

sound good but i dont know if that the true map or only a pic for detail tutorial

Je suis un adventurier artisan, si vous voulez en savoir plus, vous n'avez qu'a me trouver!!!!!

1/13/2018 5:28:21 PM #2

Posted By borgio at 09:22 AM - Sat Jan 13 2018

sound good but i dont know if that the true map or only a pic for detail tutorial

It is the sample map from the recent blog post, not the final map for any server.

1/13/2018 6:41:02 PM #3

Kingdom 5 is the most attractive to me because it's mostly wetlands. The shape us very beautiful too, with it having two penesulas forming it's inland sea, looks like the gulf of Mexico. I'd imagine it's be very beautiful to have a settlement on the beaches of that kingdom.

The tribes are also my top favorite, to'resk is my first choice and dras are my second. And I like Neran enough

1/13/2018 6:46:15 PM #4

Looks like fun! I'd certainly be curious to see how it played out. And of course, a group of friends (non Monarch/Royal) could just as easily play too, and decide for themselves who will be which Kingdom/Duchy.

1/13/2018 7:31:20 PM #5

I'd probably want to be in Duchy 1 of the Kingdom with "Florida" on it. In the Salt Marsh.

1/13/2018 8:12:51 PM #6

Posted By CaptainSeli at 12:31 PM - Sat Jan 13 2018

I'd probably want to be in Duchy 1 of the Kingdom with "Florida" on it. In the Salt Marsh.

How about the same Kingdom but instead locate yourself in the Italian boot Tropical Wetlands where the To'resk likely roam? They are the shipbuilders after all.

1/13/2018 8:24:46 PM #7

Now knowing how much of the world is unexplored I think that will attract a lot of folks there to the edges of the continent.

I'd take some prime in-land real estate at a bargain price that's rich in resources if those ahead of me were to soak up all that coastal territory

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
1/13/2018 10:52:00 PM #8

On this map, I'd love to have Kingdom 2, Duchy 5. It has some grasslands for animals and crops, while also solidly in the mountains likely to produce the best gems and minerals on the continent. The mountainous terrain and Hrothi architecture also means outstanding defense capability. While the tiny ocean frontage means only 1 major port is possible, the width of the Duchy means a huge portion of the overland trade routes dealing in ores and gemstones to the Kingdoms in the south would start/end in the area to be controlled by that Duke.

The dominant tribes as I understand the example are Neran and Hrothi, so no complaints there. I'd personally locate my County in a dominantly Hrothi area to maximize my smithing and mining operations, which would be the majority of the Duchy based on this example map.

Is there someplace we could have an interactive map or three for teams/groups to get together to actually tag a fantasy map like this? Perhaps as a pre-pre-alpha exercise in domain selection?

1/14/2018 12:23:07 AM #9

Given what I know my Count wants I think he would pick the a coastal county in Kingdom 2's Duchy 2. Right at the border with Duchy 1 as it looks like their are high mountains and a fjord right their giving him access to the sea.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

1/14/2018 1:51:20 AM #10

Duchy 12 or 8 on the fifth kingdom. I would want a town on the shore of the in land sea, sunsets would be absolutely beautiful. Plus the warm white beaches.

At first I was attracted to the salt marsh area of the 5th kingdom but that's too close to the waerd for my comfort.

I'd have a nice simple fishing town right on the sea, could have fishing festivals and tournaments.

I have an affinity for the tropics. I wasn't planning on having a port town but I'm definitely considering it now. Hopefully the final map NA-W gets will have a nicely shaped tropical region. I know my map votes will go to whichever map has the most attractive tropical regions.

1/14/2018 4:29:55 AM #11

Thr list is not complete. Where is Lativm ? In Arkadia... 🤔🤔🤔

1/14/2018 5:26:06 AM #12

Number 2 in green a good hrothi mine.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

1/14/2018 5:14:04 PM #13

Kingdom 4 Duchy 4 seems good to me - has a border for my militarism and has a coast for my militarism. 4.1 and 4.2 are also pretty good in my book. Maybe 3.6 or 3.11

Honestly, Kingdoms 4 and 3 are my favourites.

Coming Soon(tm)

1/14/2018 6:46:47 PM #14

The Grasslands of Kingdom 2 look like a juicy target for surrounding Kingdoms. Some lands in neighboring kingdoms are closer than the hrothi duchies of the west.

Kingdom 4 would naturally look to them for food creation possibilities as well as for what probably is a high population biome area.

Kingdom 2 on this map looks to be the most indefensible in that regard. The defensive nature of the hrothi to the West means they probably wont lose their lands very easily but how willing will they be to send a bulk of their forces to maintain the Eastern Duchies of the Neran folk there?

1/14/2018 7:16:38 PM #15

Purely geographically speaking I'd love to be located in:

Kingdom 5, Duchy 12.

But as tribe and biome is a higher requirement on my list of desires then I'll be going elsewhere, but where exactly? I shalt not reveal it even on a sample map. ;-)