COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Question about Queens and claims

So in the medieval age the king was always the one that had claims over the land and their queens wouldn't really have titles at all and with marriages the queen would switch her dynasty over if she married a king.

So in the game, would a king or queen share the claims and titles or would one possess all of them? And if you married into another dynasty/family would you have to change families?

1/21/2018 1:44:23 AM #1

Men and Woman are equal in CoE so a Queen would have the throne as the heir and her husband would just be a consort of some kind.

1/21/2018 1:47:07 AM #2

Queens regent have been a thing in history.

A related question I have is how much power the "secondary" monarch has- ie if the primary title holder is the king, what is the queen? and vice versa.

Do they have similar powers? Lesser noble powers? No powers unless they hold another title?

1/21/2018 1:53:15 AM #3

I think the amount of power in the merriage any member has is to be decided during the writing of the merriage contract. So if the King wants his queen to be as powerful has him and vise versa just include that in their merriage contract right?

1/28/2018 5:55:21 PM #4

Posted By MusaKn at 9:53 PM - Sat Jan 20 2018

I think the amount of power in the merriage any member has is to be decided during the writing of the merriage contract. So if the King wants his queen to be as powerful has him and vise versa just include that in their merriage contract right?

This is the way I understand it.

1/28/2018 6:36:54 PM #5

Posted By MusaKn at 8:53 PM - Sat Jan 20 2018

This is correct, or it can be not included in the marriage contract at all and given later in contract by the title holder.

The one who actually holds the title has 100% of the power over said title, power is only given to their marriage partner if they either voluntarily give it or if they agree to it in a contract whether that is the marriage contract or a later one.