COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Do you guys play ADnD PnP or other tabletop RPGs ?

As the click bait title suggested, do many of us in this community play tabletop roleplaying pen and paper games ?

Every so often I get a guy who joins one of the communities in CoE I am in, and brings this up, and it's like meeting your long lost best friend you played DnD with, and we talk about how we enjoy our PnP games or did.

just curious if people here oneday would like to meet up for a hotel PnP campaign session when we meet at PAX or something.

We can arrange DM's and players alike, and maybe schedule a CoE themed game. Whom here would be interested ?

I assume you all have your own special dice...

1/26/2018 1:33:17 AM #1

DM'ing a 5e game with some gaming friends (not CoE folk though).

Current game has the players having been affected by the essence of a dead god (there are no major gods in my world at the moment) and trying to figure out what affect that has on them while also dealing with the world about to enter into some massive world war type thing.

Won't be at PAX, but if a Roll20 based game got going I definitely wouldn't say no. I've thought about doing a CoE based game before, could be interesting depending how it gets set up.

1/26/2018 3:23:27 AM #2

I played years ago, and me and my other half would love to play. Most likely through an online tool such as the new one called dndbeyond, and using Skype or some other video group chat tool so it's not just a one night stand.

It would be great to do this with other Elyrians, as we'd love to make more friends we share other things with.

Drop me a DM.

1/26/2018 4:57:25 AM #3

DnD is for nerds.

Real roleplayers play vampire the masquerade.

1/26/2018 7:16:21 AM #4

Posted By Karik at 8:33 PM - Thu Jan 25 2018

DM'ing a 5e game with some gaming friends (not CoE folk though).

Current game has the players having been affected by the essence of a dead god (there are no major gods in my world at the moment) and trying to figure out what affect that has on them while also dealing with the world about to enter into some massive world war type thing.

Won't be at PAX, but if a Roll20 based game got going I definitely wouldn't say no. I've thought about doing a CoE based game before, could be interesting depending how it gets set up.

Oh nice. Yeah well if we got enough traction who knows we could make it a thing, maybe invite some staff to join us even who knows.

1/26/2018 7:16:56 AM #5

Posted By Juris Primus at 10:23 PM - Thu Jan 25 2018

I played years ago, and me and my other half would love to play. Most likely through an online tool such as the new one called dndbeyond, and using Skype or some other video group chat tool so it's not just a one night stand.

It would be great to do this with other Elyrians, as we'd love to make more friends we share other things with.

Drop me a DM.

well these days we have roll20 online have you heard of it ?

1/26/2018 7:17:30 AM #6

Posted By Vucar at 11:57 PM - Thu Jan 25 2018

DnD is for nerds.

Real roleplayers play vampire the masquerade.

haha omg blast from the past, yeah I played a few times in college, was interesting live play !

1/26/2018 8:10:44 AM #7

Been playing table top RPG´s for over 20 years now.

Right now im playing KULT Divinity Lost and Symbarium.

1/26/2018 9:02:24 AM #8

I have done so in the past, but not within the last 25 years. The demands of raising children and making enough money to retire on have left far too many leaks in that balloon. I still have most of my gaming gear, and notebooks full of maps & custom lore.

1/26/2018 10:27:33 AM #9

Yeah, I've played D&D since it was D&D, even before it became AD&D. I played it all the way up until now...although I only tested out 4.0 and 5.0 for a few months each, as I seriously consider 3.5 exceptionally superior to either and slightly better than 3.0. I actually used to professionally DM games back when 3.5 was in it's heyday and now DM 1-2 groups a week, simply because of my love of the game.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

1/26/2018 12:24:19 PM #10

Playing since 6 years now. Mostly D&D/Pathfinder, SR 5 and Call of Cthulu right now.
Put me out of the MMO Scene for years.

1/26/2018 12:55:35 PM #11

I played (and GM'd) various games for quite a while, but nothing in the last couple of years. Back when I did play it was mostly D&D(3.5)/Pathfinder, CoC, VTM, and WH40kRP (Dark Heresy & Rogue trader).

1/26/2018 2:37:21 PM #12

I'm playing (and gm) now since early 2015. In this time, I already played some different rulebooks. At the moment, i'm playing Shadowrun (as player) and Blades in the Dark (as Player and GM). In the past, I played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, Cthulhu and some Warhammer RPG (don't know the excact name anymore, it was only one session). I'm also playing everyone is john from time to time, but that's not a real P&P.

I'm also creating and GM'ing my own Sci-Fi Rulebook and Setting. Never trust a bush, they probally deadly Predators.

1/26/2018 4:31:11 PM #13

I don't play nearly as often as I'd like. When we do, the dm usually does a rules lite version of Pathfinder. I keep trying to get my group hooked on Desolation RPG, but we are on different ends of the city and a couple of them don't want to do Roll20. Going to start teaching my son, so I have a group.

We've also dabbled in Savage Worlds. I've got Outbreak Undead 2e coming soon. A couple fan-made rpgs (for example, Fallout)

I wouldn't mind joining a roll20 group if the time frame works out. I'd be especially interested in Desolation if anyone plays it.

1/26/2018 5:23:23 PM #14

I do indeed play PnP games. Doing a Fatecore game right now, in fact! I have been playing tabletops since I was 13 starting with D&D. Since then, I've played RIFTS, Mutants & Masterminds, Star Wars D6, White Wolf (Old and New: Vampire, Changeling, Orpheus), Paladium, Pathfinder, and Shadowrun. Shadowrun has my favorite universe, D6 my favorite system. :)

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

1/26/2018 6:22:37 PM #15

Posted By Daarco at 03:10 AM - Fri Jan 26 2018

Been playing table top RPG´s for over 20 years now.

Right now im playing KULT Divinity Lost and Symbarium.

never heard of those. Any good, or got links ?