COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Who are you, relative to other players?

Alright, so... If you were to view who and what you were going to play from another characters perspective, what would they be seen as? Passing figure? Antagonist? Role model? Untouchable celebrity? Shady figure in the far distance?

These are just possibilities.

I'd like to see what different kind of roles different people like to play in RPGs and what impact they want to make on others.

Personally, I'd be the mad sciencey alchemist person who everyone is wary about, but a few buy potions and goods from in secret due to necessity or want.

???

2/3/2018 4:53:39 AM #1

A noble youth in a coming of age story who, through the untimely and unexpected misfortune of kin, has inherited a settlement, and has been charged with the defense of its people and entrusted with its future.

Others might see her as shrouded in mystery, as a sweet summer child trying to set up a foothold in a world she scarcely knows. Some may have high hopes for the young Lady who withholds smiles and frowns, who speaks so rarely of the matters she keeps close to her chest. They hope she is brave and resilient. They pray she is strong. Others doubt her, waiting for the day that she breaks from a responsibility that someone her age is ill suited for. They think she is silly and vain, a feckless child in a court of villains and cutthroats. Some, perhaps, are afraid for the Maid of Brightwall.

On the surface, she is a picture of propriety and calm resolve, at least she hopes. She is surrounded by stalwart protectors always, loyal menn and womenn who have sworn their lives to her cause.

She is the softspoken but pragmatic Lady of Brightwall, devoted to the prosperity of her city and the happiness of its people.

Friend Code: CB1D33

2/3/2018 4:55:48 AM #2

Easy meat. That's not my preference, that's just what will probably happen.

;-)

No diss on Lira's lovely description, by the way.

2/3/2018 5:31:13 AM #3

"that fucking guy again"

2/3/2018 6:30:46 AM #4

I'd like to think someone fun to adventure with.

2/3/2018 8:52:11 AM #5

First impression, I want someone to see me and know right off that I'm a bard. So I want bright colors, interesting clothing combinations, and an instrument. Further inquiry will reveal town leader, academy head, friendly prankster, and hobby duelist.

2/3/2018 11:34:50 AM #6

A passing figure, with only a few close friends. A traveler, a story teller.

2/3/2018 2:44:59 PM #7

Cranky old man (or woman depending on what I end up with based on location/tribe/skill needs) who inherited a title and responsibility.

He’s done his best to rule all the while wishing he was in the basement of his county’s hospital doing research.

2/3/2018 3:22:49 PM #8

A positive and youthful young maiden who the elders can't help but shake their heads at as she gallivants through the trees. Strong-headed with dreams bigger than her simple life.

2/3/2018 4:22:02 PM #9

Uncomfortable to be around..

Frightening for some, plain disgusting to others, relatively harmless to a third and potential business partner to a fourth.

2/3/2018 5:29:05 PM #10

The first impression I aim for is one of respect, perhaps even fear. The picture of order, an irreproachable figure that can be trusted to act accordingly. To civilians, a responsible and polite individual. Someone you can trust to have your back. To superiors, a humble and respectful inquisitor, ready to follow orders in spirit and to the letter. To criminals, a man that inspires dread and anxiety. As reliably as he is to provide aid, he is to mercilessly punish and destroy. A dark blue coat on and stiff mace at his side, with arms folded behind a straightened back, and glaring eyes.

"Would you like my hat?"

2/5/2018 10:36:48 AM #11

First impression I hope to have on any players in Elyria is first to be known as a excellent military commander who always calculating the best ways to attack and defend certain areas. One who stands head and shoulders above the rest on the battlefield. Always gruff demeanor but doesnt mind answering any questions or taking new recruits. Being a trusted military commander for my king and duke.

Baron BlackWulf in the Duchy of Orpheus~ NA-East

2/5/2018 11:30:52 AM #12

A scholar and brave explorer! A classy and polite fellow, but no stranger to the dangers of the road, with an eye of opportunity. to a point a jack-of-all-trades, but primarily someone who values knowledge above all else.

I know a lot of stuff, granted most of that stuff is useless, but I know a lot of stuff.

2/5/2018 2:54:37 PM #13

My goal is to be that person lurking in the corner of the room that nobody never has any clue why he's there. I don't necessarily want to be deviant, I just want nobody to know who I am

Oh hey there

6/2/2018 12:41:27 AM #14

My goal for my character is to be viewed as a quiet provider for the community. She just goes out and does her own thing, hunts, logs, and brings it all back. Stoic and reserved, but a decent enough fella.

6/2/2018 4:31:35 AM #15

I am ,and will be all things.