COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Darker side of things

Wondering what people's darker side will be in the game.

Example, adbucting people, becoming a vampire, murderer, ect.

"Whats normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”

2/11/2018 6:55:50 AM #1

Some of the lurking deviants have announced themselves. Others, no doubt, remain lurking.

2/11/2018 8:21:15 AM #2

Uh I plan to follow the law thank you very much

2/12/2018 8:51:47 AM #3

Posted By MusaKn at 12:21 AM - Sun Feb 11 2018

Uh I plan to follow the law thank you very much

That doesn't mean you don't have a darker side. Recall that D&D has a lawful evil alignment. Then consider that the central governing figures in Blackheart (to use a quite relevant example) seem to make their darker inclinations very public. These will be folks who make laws for their kingdom and duchies.

2/12/2018 10:35:33 AM #4

Might I suggest a quick look over at The Stone for a bit of the darker side of things. Good intentions and paved roads etc....

2/12/2018 1:39:02 PM #5

You folks are lame lol. Outstanding citizens one and all.

"Whats normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”

2/12/2018 1:54:46 PM #6

Posted By RobertOrr at 07:39 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

You folks are lame lol. Outstanding citizens one and all.

Given the difficulty surrounding deviancy and the repercussions for being caught I doubt any real deviant will openly reveal their plans. Meta data despite the widely held opinion will be used to fight deviants and will have an impact.

2/12/2018 2:30:11 PM #7

I would have been a thief..Stealing things just to steal them, even planting the goods on others just to see what would happen to that person.When it comes to pvp it seems that the "fun" side is the unlawful side normally but I heard CoE was going to have criminal investigation mechanic..That changed my mind. Most games don't have mechanic to go after people if you are lawful..Hopeful, some of the people I go after makes me self defense them.

2/12/2018 2:39:10 PM #8

If law enforcement will be a feature in CoE then having some lawless people around can spice up things. A good old hanging or some jails would be interesting to explore. Maybe having some labour camps could benefit local economies with cheap labour or provide ships with rowers to keep them moving on less windy days. I see possibilities to have a whole industry evolving around that concept. :D

2/12/2018 3:28:05 PM #9

I have learned it's now what you see, its what you can't that can hurt you. So while many are expressing their desires for deviant or darker behaviors once the game starts, its the ones with a second identity or alt characters that can and probably will cause havoc. Or the ones that band together on the weekends to do their dastardly deeds and don't announce their group or intentions that, for me, will be something to watch out for, if you can.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/28/2018 11:09:02 PM #10

Yeah my character will drink alot and eat a ton of sweets. If things go poorly for my character I'll play him into a street fighter underground style to pay for booze and sweets. Maybe lead to a highwayman that steals carts laden with Mead barrels.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/1/2018 1:18:46 AM #11

I think many people are going to have a deviant alt.

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn

3/2/2018 12:57:38 AM #12

I don't think he meant purely deviant actions. Maybe your character will be played as bloodthirsty and you try to kill something such as wild animals daily. Maybe sacrifice them or other worldly items to a diety or religion. Maybe your character is played like a false priest, often leading travelers astray but maintaining good relationships with the church/whatever there is.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/2/2018 2:25:19 AM #13

I sure hope people will be nice and gentle with me =). I'm a kind and powerless piglet and i think making some friends in this area would be nice. Delicate creatures as myself need strong friends so that I can be protected =). please be nice to me friends, i am inherently good and need protection from the darkside <3

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

3/2/2018 4:13:02 AM #14

Posted By Thecutepig at 6:25 PM - Thu Mar 01 2018

I sure hope people will be nice and gentle with me =). I'm a kind and powerless piglet and i think making some friends in this area would be nice. Delicate creatures as myself need strong friends so that I can be protected =). please be nice to me friends, i am inherently good and need protection from the darkside <3

That doesn't squeal evil mastermind. Nope, not one bit...

3/17/2018 11:08:25 AM #15

Here's a few off the top of my head - spying, arson, adverse possession, raising rates to force people to leave a settlement, fencing, dodgy contracts, slave trafficking, assassinations, smuggling, larceny, drug trade, banking, security, brigandage and gambling.

Then you have terrorism, cults, and politics; maybe extremists within the Al'tifali religion who actively go around murdering, or a pagan cult that worships vices and are antagonist to the Virtori, or possibly a group leading a dras uprising and using their historic persecution as a casus belli.