COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Danger Will Robinson.

Lost in Space

The original actually predated Star Trek. I remember being a young lad and having a crush on Penny Robinson.

2/22/2018 1:13:15 PM #1

will defo be binge watching it, and it looks good atm, but it's only a teaser trailer they have right now, and it's out in approx a month, so i have my concerns whether it'll live up to what i want it to be.

I dislike the robot's voice at the end of the trailer also, it's not iconic enough for me, like the original was, or even the 90's movie version, it just sounds sleepy and bored.

2/22/2018 2:15:32 PM #2

I think I read they were intentionally down playing the robot in the trailer so it would be a surprise when he showed up. To me, he had a "running out of energy" sound to him like he needed a recharge. Like he seemed he always did in the tv show. lol.

I think I read somewhere the idea for the robot came from the old movie forbidden planet. If you never saw it a very serious Leslie Nielsen stars in it. Classic movie that scared me to death as a kid when I saw it in reruns. As it is pretty much the same robot as that movie. Just googled it and the same dude created both robots.

2/22/2018 2:56:14 PM #3

Actually, I believe the B9 robot(Lost in Space) was different from Robbie (Forbidden Planet). The B9 did not have legs and moved on tracks like a tank. The arms of B9 were looser and retractable. B9's "head" was set on a post.

I remember that Robbie did appear on an episode of Lost in Space, but as a nemesis to B9. Robbie also appeared on an episode of the original Twilight Zone.