COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Surname selection and starting game with friend

Hello, i'm new to forums but concerning surname selection, if my friends and I want to start the game out as brothers in-game is that possible? Do both us need to still pick a surname even though we want to start in-game as brothers of the same family and surname? thanks in advance for any help since surname selection is rolling out soon!

3/1/2018 8:31:16 PM #1

Hello and welcome to CoE, every package tier under Bloodline will not be able to choose a surname and will have to stick with whatever family's surname they were "born" with.

If you and your friend have a Bloodline or above (or bought the name selection pack) then you have the option to create a surname, that being said there is a game mechanic SBS wish to incorporate which is locking family members and being able to give their specific code to friends, if this will happen I would say only one of you should pay for a bloodline or above (if you REALLY want your own personal family name) and then save a family member for them to be "born" into

*Anyone correct me if I am wrong

3/1/2018 8:33:59 PM #2

From the FAQ on the surname reservation post:

Q26: I want my friend to enter the same surname as I did so we can start out in the same family, but it won’t let us do it because I’ve already claimed it. What can we do? A26: The reservation tool works as intended. Surname reservation does not allow you to join the same family that way. Stay tuned for more information on personas and how to become part of the same family at a later point in time.

3/1/2018 8:34:41 PM #3

Posted By LapisRazuri at 1:31 PM - Thu Mar 01 2018

Hello and welcome to CoE, every package tier under Bloodline will not be able to choose a surname and will have to stick with whatever family's surname they were "born" with.

If you and your friend have a Bloodline or above (or bought the name selection pack) then you have the option to create a surname, that being said there is a game mechanic SBS wish to incorporate which is locking family members and being able to give their specific code to friends, if this will happen I would say only one of you should pay for a bloodline or above (if you REALLY want your own personal family name) and then save a family member for them to be "born" into

*Anyone correct me if I am wrong

You can buy surname via the merchandise store

3/2/2018 2:43:46 AM #4

We both have bloodline packages. Thank you guys for answers!! we will probs just get names and then family up through marriage or something!

3/4/2018 1:03:04 PM #5

Welcome to CoE PoonPoon!

3/16/2018 2:40:38 AM #6

Was glad to find this topic close to the top, was helping a family of 5-10 new players find their way into COE last night and they want to do a bloodline family, so this helps fill out some of the answers for them! <3 :)

And welcome to Elyria, as well!