COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
You’re invited to the Vitalis Mayor Seminar Saturday March 17th

Gorawyn was kind enough to share this recording of the First Mayor Seminar.

YouTube of First Mayor Seminar

In the spirit of community and player collaboration the Duchy of Vitalis is hosting a three part seminar on being a Mayor. We’ll start with an overview of governing a city and ways of attracting players and follow that with time for CoE players to meet each other and network.

Come join us on Discord March 17th from 3-4 PM EST

(url=https://discord.gg/kAHqP3W)

And stay tuned for future seminars on branding your city and a workshop on creating family crests and city seals.

Vitalis Discord

3/5/2018 7:55:22 AM #1

What a terrific way for players unfamiliar with the idea of actually forming such an instrumental aspect of a game world's fabric to come and learn the importance of this role and this unique element of Chornicles of Elyria in general!

3/5/2018 8:29:57 AM #2

What a great opportunity. I have not yet gotten the chance to interact with many other Mayors/Barons. I'll mark this on my calendar ^.^

3/5/2018 8:38:17 AM #3

Sounds fun :)

Count of Latium

3/5/2018 9:22:24 AM #4

It sounds good but how much is going to be theory crafting. I mean we have been told some general ideas on the subject but so much is unknown. Even the things mentioned in old videos and DJ might be rough ideas that will get polished as mechanics get implemented in betas and stuff.

I will defiantly try to check it out because why not but I would hate for anyone to be miss led into believing people have some sort of inside scoop.

3/5/2018 9:26:11 AM #5

Great Idea, i'll be attending this.

3/5/2018 1:47:01 PM #6

Posted By Xonth at 04:22 AM - Mon Mar 05 2018

It sounds good but how much is going to be theory crafting. I mean we have been told some general ideas on the subject but so much is unknown. Even the things mentioned in old videos and DJ might be rough ideas that will get polished as mechanics get implemented in betas and stuff.

I will defiantly try to check it out because why not but I would hate for anyone to be miss led into believing people have some sort of inside scoop.

Hey Xonth, that's a good point, this seminar does not revolve around exclusive information, but rather the public information already available. We will go over the basics of what we know and then delve into elements of design that will aid people in creating a successful city. At the same time, we hope it will provide the opportunity for fellow mayors to meet each other and share ideas.

Every mechanic is subject to change, but if we at least provide the current information, then everyone is on the same page. Also, the design elements should roughly be the same, even if the mechanics change. The goal is to create an atmosphere of collaboration, so people can help each other design successful settlements.

When it comes down to it, every county, duchy, and kingdom will be built out from the local level. The mayors are those tasked with that small, but very important duty. The better they understand how to do that, the better our kingdom and world, as a whole.

3/5/2018 2:15:14 PM #7

I'm neither a mayor nor part of vitalis, but this sounds great. Awesome initiative!

3/5/2018 2:53:08 PM #8

I, Varuian Maulvorn, Duke of Thearyn and self-proclaimed Horse Lord hereby endorse this seminar and will ask all my mayors to support it 100%

3/5/2018 9:09:53 PM #9

Will be a good experience for me and others definitely.

3/5/2018 11:15:18 PM #10

Way cool Vitalis

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/6/2018 12:29:58 AM #11

Sounds like a great experience for us new Mayors

3/6/2018 3:15:37 AM #12

Knowledge is power and this is one of the best ideas I have seen in a while. I am as many of mine will be sure to listen in.

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

3/6/2018 5:27:08 AM #13

I'll certainly be visiting to share expertise and experience to better our community, and I'm looking forward to seeing some new views on how to incorporate the good real stuff into this fantastical world.

3/7/2018 6:22:48 PM #14

Mayor Seminar?

Wait . . . so we can get HELP strategizing and planning our cities for maximum growth rate? Oh HELL YES! Count me in!

I quite literally (using that term correctly) rearranged my schedule to make myself available on Saturdays for this. Also, to any of the other mayors of this county, Hit me up if you want to brainstorm ideas for fastest growth and trade possibilities. There is no sense that we should all be doing the same exact thing if we can specialize just a bit and trade, so that we can focus on our town's core strengths and outsource other factors of our citizen's needs. By getting plans in place early we can build cities that rival the capital while other towns are floundering around trying to do everything themselves, or wasting time (irreplaceable) and resources — hard to obtain early on. Anyway, I am excited about these opportunities. I hope you are too.

Astrology teacher, author, researcher. I am here to see the stars in the Elyrian sky.

3/7/2018 6:43:21 PM #15

I'll make sure to bring my mayors along. I know they love talking people's ears off about their plans too.