COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
CoE Based DnD Game

About the game

This is a DnD game based in the projected world of Chronicles of Elyira NA-E, as such the names of the kingdoms and some notable people from this server may or may not be used for emersion and act simply as flavor. Any behaviors, deeds, or portrayals of these people are simply for the story and do not represent their real-life or in-game egos in anyway.

Note: I took some liberty with the nature of some of the elements of CoE. Nothing in this world is at all related to the product being produced by SBS, this is simply a fun CoE "based" advanture.

Now for the introduction...

"Welcome to the festival of souls my friends!"

A mann dressed as a jester call to you as you approach the town square. You have arrived in the capitol city of Vornair the largest of the Kingdoms of Elryia. Today is a special day, the celebration of souls, more specifically, soul mates. Once a year a kingdom is selected to host the celebration of souls, people gather from the far reaches of the land to enjoy the festivities and hopefully discover their soulmate.

Your reasons for being here are your own, but you find yourself being dragged by the crowd and you find yourself in the middle of it all. Vendors scatter the town square calling out their goods, clothes, jewelry, weapons, love potions, rare metals, everything you could imagine in being peddled here. Everywhere people are dancing, singing, and drinking. Not a sour face can be found, this is truly the happiest place in Elyira.

As you walk around you notice something different about the crowd the father you walk, they become louder and more excited. You push your way through to find five sets of couples being paraded around in joyus fashion, sparklers and ribbons are everywhere and the crowd cannot get enough of the people being led around. This is the parade of pairs, when soulmates find each other an almost golden aura can be seen around them when they are close, they are then whisked away to be shown off to the world. This was a momentous occasion, as prior to this many celebrations went with no more than one pair found, often none where found at all. But today five pairs were found, and the city was bursting with joy!

As you look on you feel someone grab your shoulder, you look to see the jester from before. He hands you a handful of confetti and says "Tis a good day to be alive my friend!". You smile and let your surroundings take you. You throw the confetti and shout with the crowd. But then something strange happens. You see the sky darken all at once, and you feel a light sprinkle of rain hitting your head. You feel cold and notice your hand becoming red, looking around you're shocked to realise that it is raining red... it's raining blood.

Confusion ensues as the crowd starts looking around shouting for loved ones, some become terrified and run away. You are being pushed and shoved around as people try to look for cover from the gore.

Suddenly a loud resounding laugh fills the courtyard and all eyes begin looking for the source, no one can tell where it is coming from. You begin looking around you, the voice almost sounds as if it's in your head. You hear it finally speak, "Poor pathetic worms! What do you have to celebrate now!?"

You hear a shriek come from the direction of the parade and see a horrible site, the soulmate pairs lying on the ground shriveled and dead. You see people rush to them and begin speaking to them, family members trying to help them spirit walk, until... You hear one of them shout, "I don't feel them! They are not spirit walking!!!"

The shock hits the crowd all at once, you can feel the desire to panic radiating from the crowd. Searching again you finally see a dark figure cloaked in shadow that seems to move around it seated on a roof looking down on the town square. Around him also covered in shadow are three other slightly smaller figures. You can make out glowing red eyes and white fangs but nothing more, the sinister smile of the lead figure sends visions of dread and death through your mind. "VAMPIRES!!!" someone in the crowd shouts.

The city guard rushes to put itself in-between the vampires and the people but collapse to the ground unable to move. The vampire speaks again, "You don't really think you could harm me now do you? He laughs hysterically "This world is sick and only I can cure it! Now I have the power to do so. Farwell Worms!" In a flash of dark light, the vampires disappeared with no trace left of them ever being there except for the ten-dead people in the middle of the square. Family members howl in pain, children still screaming in terror, you almost feel the terror take you when you hear a thundering voice come from a large stage behind you.

You look on to see five figures walking up the stage and stand facing the crowd, before you are the monarchy of Elyria, Boardweall, Kairos, Vornair, Alesia, and Fortuna. These were the most powerful men in the known world and they stood before a crowd about to tear itself apart when the king of Vornair shouted, "My people, do not disregard your senses, let not your hearts be filled with dread. For this terror will be dealt with as swiftly as the mightiest of winds blow!". The King of Alesia steps forward, "We know what must be done, this beast that preys on the innocent must be hunted and destroyed, and its ashes scattered across the land! We call on every capable warrior here, to hunt this monstrosity and kill it before it strikes again! Who will answer the call?"

You raise your hand... this is where your story begins.

We are looking for players to take up the challenge of this game, preferably 3-5 but I can handle as many as are interested. We will be working with DnD 5e rules with a little homebrew mixed in at DMs discretion. Depending on how the party progresses the game shouldn’t last more than 5-10 sessions.

Character building:

Use DnD 5e rules, humans only, modify their appearance and background as you please to make your tribe of choice.

Classes: Fighter, ranger, barbarian, bard, Rogue. Any magic in these classes are dropped.

Stat roles will be done during a session zero. Here players will gather, create their characters and introduce them to the party.

This is super low key, learn as we go kind of game as I am hoping that if it goes well I will make more stories to play through. It is designed to be difficult so do keep your wits about you, death lurks everywhere.

Any questions please ask

If interested just reply and I will PM details.

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

3/6/2018 1:15:11 PM #1

This is very excellent.

Though I do not know if I will participate or not.xD

Claylex

3/6/2018 3:12:47 PM #2

Posted By Claylex at 10:15 PM - Tue Mar 06 2018

This is very excellent.

If you would like I can bring you into the discord anyways and if you can't play then it's all good :)

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

3/8/2018 12:11:32 AM #3

Posted By Sicarius at 10:12 AM - Tue Mar 06 2018

Posted By Claylex at 10:15 PM - Tue Mar 06 2018

This is very excellent.

If you would like I can bring you into the discord anyways and if you can't play then it's all good :)

Sure I'd be cool with that.

Claylex