COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
When a surname locks

I just tested the system to see when a surname locks (becomes reserved). I checked a name, it was available on all four. I hit reserve and got the “surname reserved” message; then refreshed the page and checked the availability and it was no longer available on the one server I reserved it on (not high enough rank to reserve across all four).

I know some of us wondered if two people could submit the same name at approximately the same time and have to wait until it went through review before it locked or not. Seems we have an answer.

Footnote: if a surname is not approved, it isn’t added to the list of disallowed names (at least not immediately). Instead, it appears as if that name has been taken on the specified server that it was requested for.

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/8/2018 1:03:01 PM #1

Good to know, I guess that appears to be what happened in the situation of your other thread.

3/8/2018 2:35:42 PM #2

Thank you for that information :3 It is cool to know especially that I will be able to choose my surname in a mere few hours :)

3/8/2018 2:55:26 PM #3

I don't think that's it. I checked the name I wanted and it was available on all 4 servers. I submitted it (Valerian on NA-E) but an hour later I got a pm from SBS that it didn't meet the requirements or was already taken. Now it shows taken on the 1 server I submitted it on but available on the other 3. My guess is it didn't meet the requirements because it was too close to Valyria who I believe is a King on NA-W.

I then checked my second choice which was available on all 4. I submitted the name I want and then immediately rechecked and it was available on the other 3 but not on the one I had just chosen. So either 2 people submitted my second choice within 3 seconds of each other, or my making the selection instantly marked it as unavailable even if it was later not approved.

I think the same thing happened to you. It's not that two people selected the same name and you lost but that you selected the name which removed it from the availability list for that server but it was not approved by SBS so you had to make a second choice.

Illustrious Deputy Grand Master, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Wisconsin

3/8/2018 3:00:44 PM #4

So, here's how it works, as far as I understand. When you submit a name, it automatically blocks anyone else from using it on the server(s) for which it was reserved; until it is approved or declined, it will show as being unavailable on that server. If the name is approved, it will continue to be shown as unavailable, if declined, it will change to being invalid.

3/8/2018 4:26:28 PM #5

When you submit the name, it does tell you that you are not selecting the server yet; that will come later. When they approve the name, the email says the name is reserved for your account. Not sure if that helps...

3/8/2018 5:25:46 PM #6

Posted By Artsykidd at 10:00 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

So, here's how it works, as far as I understand. When you submit a name, it automatically blocks anyone else from using it on the server(s) for which it was reserved; until it is approved or declined, it will show as being unavailable on that server. If the name is approved, it will continue to be shown as unavailable, if declined, it will change to being invalid.

Just tested that concept again. A name that was declined still shows as available on 3 of the servers. It does not say invalid. Took a screen shot and can post later to confirm.

3/8/2018 5:29:21 PM #7

Posted By malachid at 11:26 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

When you submit the name, it does tell you that you are not selecting the server yet; that will come later. When they approve the name, the email says the name is reserved for your account. Not sure if that helps...

I think you have to select a server to submit a name. At least it has made me do that each time.

3/8/2018 5:33:56 PM #8

Posted By KipFoE at 11:29 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

Posted By malachid at 11:26 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

I think you have to select a server to submit a name. At least it has made me do that each time.

I didn't... but counts and above are submitted across all servers.

3/16/2018 12:54:40 AM #9

Posted By Artsykidd at 08:00 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

Artsykidd is right, that's how it works.

• Razimus Dragon
10/12/2018 12:11:34 PM #10

So question if you buy and surname and coat of arms package because you are waiting to purchase a bloodline or higher pledge that already has the surname and coat of arms. I know it costs $25 but will that be discounted to pledges that already have that package or not?

10/12/2018 1:27:54 PM #11

Posted By Nythic at 10:11 PM - Fri Oct 12 2018

So question if you buy and surname and coat of arms package because you are waiting to purchase a bloodline or higher pledge that already has the surname and coat of arms. I know it costs $25 but will that be discounted to pledges that already have that package or not?

No. You will not be discounted on the pledge. If you intend to get Bloodline I would simply wait. Put that $25 towards getting an Elyrian pack instead, from which you can upgrade from and only pay the difference when you can afford to.

Imgur Imgur

10/12/2018 5:08:19 PM #12

Thank you very much for the information. Just saved me $25