COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Being A Bard?

Are there instruments in Elyria? Can we write poems, songs, stories about hero’s? I was thinking of trying a traveling bard that follows a hero and leaves parchment of their great feats in taverns along the way, etc.

3/11/2018 8:04:32 PM #1

sounds like fun... and perhaps gathers news and information along the way?

-NOSIG-

3/11/2018 8:19:20 PM #2

That’s also a really good point too! I didn’t think about that. Could even trade coin for information along the way.

Posted By Poingfaust at 1:04 PM - Sun Mar 11 2018

sounds like fun... and perhaps gathers news and information along the way?

3/11/2018 8:46:48 PM #3

There will be music and instruments. Each tribe will have their own style and way of making music.

Musician will be a profession in game also.

3/11/2018 11:28:45 PM #4

Sweet. Maybe I'll do a traveling musician.

3/11/2018 11:36:26 PM #5

Yup bards confirmed! I think they were mentioned as giving buffs too somewhere.

3/12/2018 12:54:14 AM #6

Posted By Matriarch at 4:36 PM - Sun Mar 11 2018

What kind of buffs are we talking about here?? :)

3/12/2018 2:17:08 AM #7

Posted By R_Raye at 7:54 PM - Sun Mar 11 2018

Posted By Matriarch at 4:36 PM - Sun Mar 11 2018

What kind of buffs are we talking about here?? :)

I'm thinking along the lines of making drink stronger and hangovers worse.

-NOSIG-

3/12/2018 3:40:20 AM #8

KAPLOWEE! Your link has arrived. Bardic Skills

3/12/2018 4:26:57 AM #9

Why do you think that I bought the picnic basket back in February? It HAS a lute!!!! Now I can be a bard on my alt.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

3/12/2018 7:05:14 AM #10

Bards are suppose to help energy from what I remember hearing, either slow down how much you consume or speed up how much you recover..I could see bards in schools or research centers to help people research for longer amounts for time.

3/12/2018 4:58:39 PM #11

Posted By R_Raye at

Are there instruments in Elyria? Can we write poems, songs, stories about hero’s? I was thinking of trying a traveling bard that follows a hero and leaves parchment of their great feats in taverns along the way, etc.

Hopefully you are getting the permission of said hero; otherwise you are just a stalker that happens to sing songs and provides free, albeit creative, intel to tavern patrons regarding your mark. hehe

But in all seriousness, I think it will be interesting to see how they will bring the Bard into the game as a viable character.

Maybe the stories left in taverns could be a small excerpt of the full story, with the location of where they could purchase the full story at the bottom. A flyer, if you will.. or......

A bandit trap!! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn

3/13/2018 2:21:34 AM #12

Bards are always great for morale. And in a pinch they make excellent emergency rations.

I hope there will be a way to create our own music, like for example in LotR, Mabinogi or Starbound. I'd love to ride off towards adventure while somebody is playing the Monty Python and the Holy Grail theme song.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

3/13/2018 2:47:17 AM #13

If you want to follow a champion around, I plan to travel, hunt explore, fight. Having a bard around would be epic

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/13/2018 6:08:03 AM #14

Posted By Deftly at 12:05 AM - Mon Mar 12 2018

Bards are suppose to help energy from what I remember hearing, either slow down how much you consume or speed up how much you recover..I could see bards in schools or research centers to help people research for longer amounts for time.

It goes without saying that schools and research centers will be surrounded by copious numbers of taverns catering to their denizens, unless there are local religious or political objections. Many of those taverns will no doubt hire bards to encourage the purchase of refreshments.

3/19/2018 6:06:01 PM #15

When I open up my tailoring shop it's also going to be my home with private rooms upstairs. I'd love to hire a bard to hang out in my shop to play music for me while I craft, as well as customers that enter. Maybe a pond in the center with a skylight above. Lots of candles.

I want my tailoring shop to kind of have a Moroccan aesthetic with couches everywhere and people hanging out and browsing, you can also watch the tailors weave new fabrics or hand dye bolts.

I want there to also be an apothecary or herb shop in there, as well as a jewelry shop. Small, maybe 1 shop keep each. Make it a sort of hub for whoever wants to hang out in a more serene environment rather than a tavern. Small, niche.

I'm going to be friends with all the bards. I can't wait for all the music. I'll be a huge patron. :)

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest