COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Promotional items for real money?

I'm a little disappointed to see the promotional items only available for actual cash. Were we not told these items would cost EP to buy?

TSSoE Homepage

3/13/2018 4:48:45 AM #1

Posted By jeebs67 at

I'm a little disappointed to see the promotional items only available for actual cash. Were we not told these items would cost EP to buy?

You can buy a majority of them later for ep, however the pledge packages like the Elyrian pledge, you can't from my understanding.

I also believe that some of the items will be limited with EP like rare quality things etc So that also limits, but isn't limited via the store

3/13/2018 4:49:43 AM #2

I'm talking about the farm and apothecary that is on sale now. Why aren't we able to spend our EP on them?

TSSoE Homepage

3/13/2018 4:52:58 AM #3

Posted By jeebs67 at 10:49 PM - Mon Mar 12 2018

I'm talking about the farm and apothecary that is on sale now. Why aren't we able to spend our EP on them?

Because the EP store isn't currently out or available. The farm includes Elyrian pledges and acts like the previous packages like the Cottage, and the Carriage. Those ones are items that are to encourage buying the game for others or for friends

3/13/2018 4:54:47 AM #4

From what I gathered, this is just to bring them in more funds. As Violet said, be able to buy most of them later on when the EP store launches.

3/13/2018 5:01:07 AM #5

Ahh ok, I was worried these were limited time items we wouldn't be able to purchase later on

TSSoE Homepage

3/13/2018 5:04:57 AM #6

Less than $18,000 to go before we break $4 million!

;-)

3/13/2018 5:07:01 AM #7

Serpentius confirmed on Discord (via Caspian) that you'll be able to spend EP to acquire these items later on. But as noted, this is a fund raising event to help raise capital to continue building the game.

3/13/2018 5:11:08 AM #8

Nevermind, didn't see Hieronymus reply before I posted.

3/13/2018 8:05:40 PM #9

Pretty sure they said these items are aimed to not come back. There will be an EP store for some items that aren't the orrary or the cardinal bee hive. These items are however able to be found in game, this is the only time you will be able to get the items from a store though.

3/13/2018 10:18:32 PM #10

Posted By Hieronymus at 01:07 AM - Tue Mar 13 2018

Serpentius confirmed on Discord (via Caspian) that you'll be able to spend EP to acquire these items later on. But as noted, this is a fund raising event to help raise capital to continue building the game.

this is the quote via screencap

3/13/2018 11:01:46 PM #11

This for fund raising. Of course like any other game there is going to be things you can only buy with real money to help fund development and then there will be stuff only available in EP

Friend code: 64E963

3/14/2018 12:47:12 AM #12

Also think of it like this, buy the promotional items and use ep to boost them afterwards. Not sure if that's possible though

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/14/2018 7:40:02 AM #13

Lol I spent over $500 on EP specifically to buy limited time items. I won't be throwing more money in when I have a pile of points. It's too bad the EP store isn't up, I'll be very disappointed if a real money item pertaining to my actual profession shows up with no way to use the money I already put in for the sole purpose of buying it anyway.

TSSoE Homepage

3/14/2018 7:53:40 AM #14

Posted By jeebs67 at 6:40 PM - Wed Mar 14 2018

Lol I spent over $500 on EP specifically to buy limited time items. I won't be throwing more money in when I have a pile of points. It's too bad the EP store isn't up, I'll be very disappointed if a real money item pertaining to my actual profession shows up with no way to use the money I already put in for the sole purpose of buying it anyway.

Very doubtful it be anything game changing like that. You can most likely buy the same rare bees in the EP store. Just they won't be called whatever these ones are.

At the end, easy enough to spend that 500 bucks worth of EP on a town. While just buying the few that really catch your eye. Just what I be doing, over aiming for everything that looks cool.

3/17/2018 4:47:55 PM #15

the flip side is that a lot of us really want to support the game further but don't necessarily need to buy a ton more EP. So having stuff like this even if just to collect it is nice. Also stuff like the cottage and farm where really nice for those like me who are buying the base game for a lot of my out of game friends