COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Having kids

Having kids sounds like a must if your heir must be a family member. Now when you have children do you have a choice of when you have them or is this just a random event as long as the prerequisites are met such as married, have an extra bed and so on.

3/14/2018 11:23:01 PM #1

I believe kids are born of a contract, so if a contract was never written, I imagine no kids could be born. So no it shouldn't occur as a random event.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if orphans and adoption were an option, allowing you to pick an older child later in your life, that fits the criteria you want. Rather than having to raise a child to be the character you wish to play later in your COE career. Personally I think the idea of having and raising kids is an awesome thing, and something I'll certainly be looking into.

I believe all men are capable of evil! We should not be of this world were good and evil not twined together.

AA3569 is the code you should use ;)

3/14/2018 11:25:46 PM #2

If they only come from contracts and NPC can not sign contracts, only present their own then you would only be able to have children with other player characters?

3/14/2018 11:28:40 PM #3

Yes i believe that is something that is planned. It's been a hot minute since I read the older dev journals but I'm 99% certain that player-player unions and player-player children are an option, without a 9 month penalty to the childbearer.

I'm also pretty sure that players of the same sex can enter into union, but can only adopt, though that may be a false memory.

I believe all men are capable of evil! We should not be of this world were good and evil not twined together.

AA3569 is the code you should use ;)

3/14/2018 11:33:09 PM #4

Npcs can be wooed and yes children come from contracts.

SSM are avaliable and just requires a surrogate person on the contract.

Hope this help!

3/14/2018 11:43:28 PM #5

I would think the Heir system would be more complicated with player to player marriage with children then Player With AI marriage with Children.

With a Player to player- When the first one dies and starts as one of the children, does the last living player keep all assets with nothing for the first player that died. Not like the son will then Wed his mother. Yes when the first to die player dies he is not forced to move out of his parents house but when the children get older wont they go off and start their own lives. He/She may already not be living in that house.

With Player to AI- When the Player Dies, he could receive all the assets and have his last living parent live with him/her till they pass.

3/14/2018 11:49:21 PM #6

Posted By SonomaSpectra at 10:43 AM - Thu Mar 15 2018

I would think the Heir system would be more complicated with player to player marriage with children then Player With AI marriage with Children.

With a Player to player- When the first one dies and starts as one of the children, does the last living player keep all assets with nothing for the first player that died. Not like the son will then Wed his mother. Yes when the first to die player dies he is not forced to move out of his parents house but when the children get older wont they go off and start their own lives. He/She may already not be living in that house.

With Player to AI- When the Player Dies, he could receive all the assets and have his last living parent live with him/her till they pass.

It all is set out in the marraige contract who inherits what etc. Iirc

3/14/2018 11:56:11 PM #7

Yes each player sets their heir, typically if one is head of the family they I believe stay that way because as they die and inhabit the heir they never stopped playing in sorts. Each player keeping their own personal stuff but families are able to share just about everything anyways.

Also say you have a title but your youngest is the heir, the titles will all go to the heir and not the oldest unless you write it that way.

If something is incorrect please say so.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/15/2018 5:55:15 PM #8

I more wonder what children do while they are NPCs. Like do the just stay in my house for 30 years till I die?

3/16/2018 2:33:23 AM #9

Posted By Xonth at 10:55 AM - Thu Mar 15 2018

I more wonder what children do while they are NPCs. Like do the just stay in my house for 30 years till I die?

There is a whole journal related to that information

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/16/2018 2:59:06 AM #10

Posted By SonomaSpectra at 7:25 PM - Wed Mar 14 2018

If they only come from contracts and NPC can not sign contracts, only present their own then you would only be able to have children with other player characters?

NPCS CAN sign contracts, up to and including being fully integrated into your family. Same mechanics for players/NPCs in that regard.

3/16/2018 5:14:05 AM #11

The last I heard, there will be no adoptions into families. This is different from making NPCs heirs, which is definitely in the game.