COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Items tied to title

We know that the manor/villa that comes with mayor type packages will be tied to the title and lost to that player if they loose the title. We haven’t really gotten clarification on the land the manor/villa is on. If put on a parcel that was part of being mayor, then the land will be lost. But will we be able to place the manor/villa on land we bought through other means? If we can, what happens to the parcel?

But that’s not the main question I had in mind. The manor/villa is said to be fully furnished. Do those items pass with the title? What if the mayor moves them to a personally owned building? What if the furniture is stolen? I don’t imagine they will magically relocate back to the manor/villa that they came with. Even if technical ownership changes, would anyone be able to tell that a certain lamp should have been returned to the title tied building? It wouldn’t have been a crime to move them. Maybe to keep them, but there shouldn’t suddenly appear evidence of a crime at the time ownership passes.

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/16/2018 8:10:46 PM #1

I feel like this exact question has been asked. The manor, the land, and the furniture are lost with the title. If you stole the furniture it probably doesn't get put back, however.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

3/16/2018 8:32:54 PM #2

My speculation would be that the moment you lose ownership of the Title, then the furniture that you swindled from the Mayor's Manor/Villa will be seen as stolen since they now technically belong to the current Mayor.

My question would be "We know that the game creates "breadcrumbs" that are used to investigate crimes. Are "breadcrumbs" created even when a crime hasn't been committed yet. If I pick up a fork and walk around someone's house with it for 15 minutes before I put it in my pocket, is the game creating "breadcrumbs" the entire time or do they only start once I put it in my pocket? Or once I leave the residence?" The relevance here is whether or not investigators could follow the trail from the Mayor's Manor to the ex-Mayor's private residence where the stolen furniture now resides. Or does the swindled furniture only become investigatable once an investigator finds themselves visiting the ex-Mayor and sees the familiar looking furniture.

It is a good question though. Another alternative could be that the Mayor's Manor furnishing is a one-time thing and there is no expectation that it remains with the Manor, in which case you are free to take it with you when you vacate. This scenario would be the easiest and least costly for SBS to handle since it basically leaves everything in the hands of the players with no necessary actions taken by the developers to code it into being.

3/16/2018 8:54:54 PM #3

Posted By Count_Emiya at 4:10 PM - Fri Mar 16 2018

I feel like this exact question has been asked. The manor, the land, and the furniture are lost with the title. If you stole the furniture it probably doesn't get put back, however.

Apologies if the question of furniture moved pre title lost has been asked. Please link if you recall the reference.

What if the mayor SOLD the furnature and then lost title? Does the new mayor have a right to the proceeds of the sale?

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/16/2018 10:48:11 PM #4

Yeah, I'm gonna agree quite specifically and steadfastly that is entirely clearly obvious that we can expect the "Furnished Manor" to be a one time placement and allotment of goods, and henceforth those goods act like any other in the world without protections. If you know you're to be deposed, might wanna pack up early :P

3/17/2018 4:30:04 PM #5

It could be that you have use of the manor and it's possessions but you never actually own them, much the same way that renting something from someone would work.

In this you simply wouldn't have the ability to take them out of the manor without stealing them even while you remain mayor.

Personally I would think this true for the manor itself and furnishing is the property of the first mayor. Namely because I like the feel of furnishings changing when a new mayor comes to term.

But if they wanted the furnishing to remain with the manor then it would be simply to not ever give ownership of it to the mayor but rather simply let them use it

3/19/2018 8:27:13 PM #6

I would assume the manor and the land on which the manor is placed would be the "mayors house" functionally and, like in real life, be passed onto the next mayor should the title be passed. However, the better question is if some of the EP is spent on land...does that become personal/family land or mayoral land? ^.^ It would suck to spend a bunch of time/money cultivating land for personal use only to find out when you decide to pass on the title and go live a humbler life..all of your land went to your successor.

3/19/2018 9:33:04 PM #7

so, wait, all the land the Mayor owned too, which put him in office or on the town council go away with the title ?

That makes no sense at all.

3/19/2018 9:44:49 PM #8

The town owned land such as the mayor mansion going to the new mayor makes sense, but the old mayor was mayor because he owned a lot of land, he shouldnt lose his personally owned land because someone else got elected. Its not like a count or duke who loses all their lands in a war.

3/19/2018 10:12:30 PM #9

I am pretty sure personally/family owned land, is not lost, only that which is tied specifically to the title

3/20/2018 9:30:11 AM #10

I'm not suggesting it should be. I'm wondering where the distinction is between land/property you bought with the mayoral pack being family vs mayoral. I'm hoping that the single plot of land with the manor would be the only part passed on to the next mayor. I'm not planning on building a manor on my land, but rather personal stuff; so it would be annoying if I run into the issue of passing the title on and losing all of my stuff. I doubt it would happen, but it's a concept that should really be clarified/addressed at some point before we get access to the exposition phase.

3/20/2018 4:16:46 PM #11

I don't think it's gonna be that big of a deal. Other than the parcel with the villa/manor on it, even if the other parcels are initially owned by the city you can just sell them to yourself personally.

Build a bigger/nicer home on your now personal land and take any of the furnishings you want from the villa/manor to your new home. Use the starting manor as town center, office and/or lodging for nobility that want something better than the local inn. You can also use it to put on official receptions and parties.

But the point is I think most mayors will convert their starting villa/manor to a non-residence as soon as possible to mitigate the impact in case they lose it later.

Illustrious Deputy Grand Master, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Wisconsin

3/20/2018 4:42:51 PM #12

Man, people are seriously overthinking this. It is very simple.

The mayor lives in the mayor's residence; he does not own it. When he is no longer the mayor, then he will no longer live in the mayor's residence. His personal property beyond that has nothing to do with the situation.

This is how it is in RL, because it makes sense. There is no reason to believe that it won't be exactly like this in CoE.

Also, to address people asking about "What if the land that the mayor's residence is on was purchased with EP?" That doesn't matter. EP's purposes is to flesh out the world (and reward backers with a slight head start). If you use EP to start a town, and then renounce the mayor title on Day 1, then you have no claim to the town or land regardless of EP used or not.

Of course, this is all speculation based on what is known plus common sense.

3/20/2018 7:13:42 PM #13

Posted By gtox at 11:42 AM - Tue Mar 20 2018

The mayor lives in the mayor's residence; he does not own it. When he is no longer the mayor, then he will no longer live in the mayor's residence. His personal property beyond that has nothing to do with the situation.

This is how it is in RL, because it makes sense. There is no reason to believe that it won't be exactly like this in CoE.

Also, to address people asking about "What if the land that the mayor's residence is on was purchased with EP?" That doesn't matter. EP's purposes is to flesh out the world (and reward backers with a slight head start). If you use EP to start a town, and then renounce the mayor title on Day 1, then you have no claim to the town or land regardless of EP used or not.

Well the issue is that people become mayors in CoE sort of democratically by way of votes among landholders. People starting with mayor titles just happen to personally own the largest piece of their starting town. If someone else gets land in town and somehow maneuvers the other landowners to vote them over the old mayor, it shouldnt really effect the land that made the old mayor mayor in the first place. Only the town hall/residence itself really makes sense to lose based on a vote. The old mayor would still be an influential landholder in town. Of course for noble titles, counts and above if they get removed they lose all claims because they lost a war (via cassus belli) but thats not the same mechanic.

3/20/2018 8:17:46 PM #14

Posted By gtox at 10:42 AM - Tue Mar 20 2018

Slight clarification, if you use EP to buy land, that land is yours even if you renounce your position. Yes, you purchased the land to start the town, but you the player are the owner of the purchased land, not the town. So even if you decide to give up your position as mayor, you still own the land that was bought, granting you that much of a vote over who would be the next mayor.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

3/20/2018 8:52:42 PM #15

Trump is the President, but he doesn't get to loot the White House. It is the peoples house. It comes with the job. And when his term ends it goes to the next president. Including the bed in the Lincoln bedroom. If he takes it to the Trump Tower then somebody gonna say something, right?

So I would consider all public owned buildings to fall under that pervue in this game as well. If it is attached to the Title, then it's not "Yours." If it isn't, then you can do what you want.

To me that would also include the land, if that's how you got that piece of land. If it was given to you as The Count of Bologna, then it is occupied by whoever is The Count of Bologna at that time. If the community is choosing you as Mayor, by whatever means they choose, be it land ownership, divine right, or blind lots, they are choosing you to "the office". The perks of "the office", Villa, furniture, etc., are thus tied to the office and not you personally.

And I would think that applies to all "offices" from simple hamlet Mayor all the way up to The King. So if you want your own "personal castle," that doesn't tie to the job, you will have to build a second one independently of that one.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!