COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
The farm?

So i’m assuming you can pick where you put the farm or are you assigned a plot in your homeland? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I’d like to be 100% sure before I consider buying it.

Stonehound - Angelica server "More than just a nose for business."

3/19/2018 8:00:28 AM #1

With the settler+ packages you will have enough EP to buy a plot of land for it should you need more. However its restricted to these pledges because you need access to exposition in order to set it down on the land from the parcel it comes with.

3/19/2018 9:15:01 AM #2

^^

3/19/2018 9:31:30 AM #3

Also, remember that the farmhouse itself can be bought during exposition for EP and thus not contain the two extra Elyrian packages. If you want to gift your friends en Elyrian package the farm is a nice way of doing it, but if you don't plan on inviting anyone I would wait until exposition.

3/19/2018 2:09:07 PM #4

Includes:

2 Elyrian packages (giftable),

1 Parcel of land,

Barn,

Ox,

Wagon.

it comes with 1 free parcel of land, you might get to choose where it is but you don't have to buy a separate parcle

3/19/2018 2:28:29 PM #5

If you are a farmer on my lands...you can own the land and everything on it for as long as you're a Farmer...and if some day you don't want to farm anymore then you can allow someone to Lease the land from you or hire someone to do your job and you can go do other things...while still getting some cash in your pocket from your farm :D

....I really need like 2-4 farming groups lol

3/19/2018 2:48:45 PM #6

^ 100% the same boat lmao. Just be like man. I'll give ya the land need a ya farming

3/19/2018 3:17:21 PM #7

My s/o is the one whose more into the game so I dunno if this matters for those of you looking for farmers or not but I’m planning on being a brudvir. Thinking about trying to be a “shaman” aka whip up some potions and figured farming would help with that, especially if I can convince a couple of friends of mine to join in.

3/19/2018 3:47:50 PM #8

Posted By Claytonctc at 09:17 AM - Mon Mar 19 2018

My s/o is the one whose more into the game so I dunno if this matters for those of you looking for farmers or not but I’m planning on being a brudvir. Thinking about trying to be a “shaman” aka whip up some potions and figured farming would help with that, especially if I can convince a couple of friends of mine to join in.

thats an amazing idea for in game and if you're not a count its way less restrictive for your pick in tribe. So honestly what would matter most is the community that you match best with for your best game play experience

3/20/2018 5:04:51 AM #9

If anybody is still reading this does anybody know if I can have joint ownership over a building with someone? Or how ownership of land and buildings work, i'm researching around but figured i'd throw a line out here in case I come up blank.

3/20/2018 6:38:01 AM #10

After Exposition all land ownership is done via contract based sales (from the previous owner or local count). Building on that land is ultimately controlled by that owner.

The contract system should allow you to sign contracts to grant or share access to entities, resources, or even grant shares of ownership in something. That flexibility is key to most of the complex player interactions SBS is proposing.

3/20/2018 4:19:30 PM #11

Posted By Claytonctc at 08:17 AM - Mon Mar 19 2018

That is a really cool idea, there is nothing stopping you from letting your friends farm and you make potions, well try to. Nothing is stopping you from playing how you want to, just use your imagination and you will all have a great time :D

3/21/2018 8:24:13 AM #12

Posted By TheCoz at 12:19 PM - Tue Mar 20 2018

Posted By Claytonctc at 08:17 AM - Mon Mar 19 2018

That is a really cool idea, there is nothing stopping you from letting your friends farm and you make potions, well try to. Nothing is stopping you from playing how you want to, just use your imagination and you will all have a great time :D

I had a similar idea of playing a witch like character. Take skills from herbalist, alchemist, animal training, maybe astronomy and brewing and one or two others and viola, a witch. But it might have to be an alt as it might be hard to do as a count.