COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Not related, just sad

Tough time in life right now. Just coping. I'm a ferret owner. One of my ferrets, Lulu, died in January. My oldest boy, Kuma, has been missing for 6 days now. I went to WonderCon last weekend for my birthday and he got out while my boyfriend was watching the business (group of ferrets is called a business). At least George and Buddha didn't get out too. I put posters up and some asshole keeps tearing them down. Why are humans so terrible? T_T

I hope there are ferret-type animals in Elyria. I want to have all my babies together. I'm just really really sad and I've owned ferrets for 10 years and I've never had one run away. I know I can't blame myself but it's difficult. I hope he's okay. I just hope his downfall wasn't a cruel human, there's so much misconception about them.

I think I know what it's like to have kids and just worry about them living in the world. I just worry where he is and what he's doing and what decisions he's making and I'm hoping he's happy and not dead but there's no way of knowing.

TL;DR I don't even go here, I just have a lot of feelings.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

3/31/2018 6:01:40 PM #1

I am so sorry to hear that. It is a terrible day when you lose a pet, and a pet is a part of your family. I hope that you somehow find your ferret or that he is safe out there.

There are indeed Ferret like creatures in Chronicles of Elyria shown here The Leffit was designed to be a cross between an Eastern dragon and a ferret. Having a playful nature, they are sensitive to the motivations of those around them.

4/2/2018 2:36:40 PM #2

Sorry to hear about that, let's hope that they show up sometime soon. Just stay vigilant and listen for any unknown scratching noises.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

4/2/2018 3:50:41 PM #3

Sorry for the sad news, but whether he returns home or not, don't despair. You will be ok! Grief may imprison happiness for a time, but it will never conquer it. The human spirit is indomitable, for we have all loved and lost and live to love again.

4/2/2018 4:21:29 PM #4

I wish the best to you in finding your missing baby. It just part of life throwing you a lemon. Things will get better eventually and try not to dwell on the negative but remember the positive. I am glad you are using these forums or any forums to help get your feelings out. Talking about it can be a good remedy.

4/2/2018 5:03:28 PM #5

Thanks for the support :') I kinda just posted it and didn't look back and was a little embarrassed. I just saw this topic in recent posts.

He's still gone and it's been 8 days. I don't want to say I've given up hope but I've resigned to the thought that I will not see him anymore. He's always been an independent ferret. He was also the most attached to me and was the only ferret to be patient enough to pick up commands. He chose when he wanted to follow through but he'd always turn his head and listen to your request. Hehe my boyfriend would get so frustrated with him :P

I hope he's eating tons of weird shit and is having the time of his life. Go Kuma go!

@SirApetus I may get a business of Leffits! They aren't furry like ferrets are but it seems their personality matches. :) I didn't realize they came from a dragon/ferret. Thanks!

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest