COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Time to start lookin'

Hey everyone. I started looking at this game a year or so ago, read all the dev journals and such but realized the game won't be out for awhile. A friend of mine is playing the game but is going to be on the Europe server and I am in Cali so I'll be on NA-W. He told me now's the time to start looking for a group so here I am.

I'm not really sure what I want to do to be honest. I want to travel around but not go too far from my home base. I kind of like the idea of breeding animals and maybe hunting for new ones near my town.

I also like the idea of being a hunter and crafting things from the hides and bones to make aesthetic stuff to sell, so may tailoring?

I'm currently looking for a Kingdom.

I'm in Uni right now and won't graduate for a couple years yet, so schools a bit of a drain on time and I don't have a part-time job so I'm a bit drained on money. Hopefully I'll have more of both over the summer.

I know a lot of stuff isn't open to me yet, so I'm waiting to buy a package until later this year when I have money, but I'll be getting something like one of the gentry packages or just a basic adventurer package.

Friend Code A562F8

4/2/2018 5:40:09 PM #1

Hello, and welcome to the community, Whiteslag.

If you want to see all the Angelica Kingdoms (NA-West), then check out this thread where all of them are listed. There really isn't any hurry in picking a Kingdom at this time, but it would be good to look in your spare time to see if the community fits well for you.

Be wary of anyone making promises to you, as nothing is guaranteed with the game still in Pre-Alpha development. Take your time, lurk around, ask questions on how they run things structurally or ideally.

For packages, I recommend Bloodline ($135), it's the basic Gentry package and has access to Exposition which it gives players a three month period to set up their domains, settlements, area, etc.

4/2/2018 5:41:53 PM #2

Welcome to the forums Whiteslag! Always good to see another new person.

Best place to start is here info to all NAW kingdoms. Join each kingdom discord and see which who you get on with. Seems much easier in my opinion than just reading recruitment posts. Never too early to start getting to know people.

4/2/2018 5:52:49 PM #3

Thanks Guys

Also thanks Xeyska. My buddy warned me that a lot of people are making promises they can't realistically keep and he's talked to me enough about the game that I should be fine. I just need to figure out what group I feel I can chill with.

Friend Code A562F8

4/2/2018 6:02:06 PM #4

My advice is to read up on things and check out discord or even just the forums to find people you like or at least can tolerate.

Making plans and promises is considerably premature right now but it is a good to to get to know folks.

4/2/2018 6:57:35 PM #5

A good idea is to join the discord chats and get to know some of the kingdoms. I personally plan to travel far away to distant horizons at times so I'm a little useless to any one kingdom or duchy.

There are on Angelica server those looking for stable players to join their communities. Don't worry about picking the absolute best choice. Just pick one that you feel comfortable with.

Good luck.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

4/2/2018 8:37:32 PM #6

Join the Kingdom of Ashland and the Duchy of Sanctaphandri, there is almost no BS, none of us are overly crazy or mean. The temperament is calm and fun, we have a great community that would love nothing more than to welcome a fellow Elyrian. come check us out my friend. https://discord.gg/bZVhqQR

4/2/2018 10:59:43 PM #7

Come Check out Riftwood, we are still pretty small compared to some of the other kingdoms but we are a tight knit group.

Riftwood Discord

4/3/2018 2:06:50 AM #8

I recommend Aranor, personally. There is literally nothing that you couldn't do and it's still growing a lot in leadership positions so you can rise up really fast. But that can be said for all factions. And tbh, Blackheart is probably the most progressed kingdom and it looks amazing but you'll be pressed to find any government positions that isn't in local government. Meanwhile, they have a crap ton of guilds and such. But that is the same for Aranor and Tyria.

At the end of the day, look into what you want to do first. Then find the kingdom and group that gives you the best chance of doing that. If you care more about who you're playing with, then check out the discord for these groups and get a feel for their group culture

4/3/2018 2:19:34 AM #9

Add people as friends here and keep a private conversation going with them. I'm a Count on NA-W, and pledged to a kingdom... but I still see everything as fluid. Kingdoms, Dukes, etc will promise alot, but when it comes time to deliver they are going to pick their favorites and everyone else is going to get the leavings. People are going to feel forced to play tribes they dont want. There are going to be alot of unhappy campers.

That being said, I think there will be plenty of room to maneuver here, as long as you dont want to be Neran or Brudvir. If you do and you're not already high ranking in a kingdom, might wanna downgrade your package and convert it to EP. Your spot is already promised to somebody else.