COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pledge Packages for People Not Wanting to Rule

So I have a few lingering questions about the perks present in pledge packages. I'm more than confident that although devs are granting titles and nobility they wouldn't always compel someone to live up to their full title, right? I mean it would be a deterrent to spending money if by purchasing the magistrate package you were required to run a city.

My question is this: would we be able to combine our earning from pledge packages with other players?

Can someone who bought a mayor+ package be able to give all the parcels and such to another town that he joins. Maybe becoming a part of the aristocracy or whatever. Maybe in a Kingdom, all the members of the inner council bought a Duchy package but only wanted to expand the lands of the capital. Maybe someone wanted to make an inner city!

Would the game support us doing this without throwing errors like, "Too close to another city to build" and stuff like that. If you bought a magistrate package, can you have your villa set up in that starter city as a sort of family home.

(As a side note, I've been searching to see if villas and manors are going to be priced out in the EP shop. Is there a cost?)

6/4/2018 8:26:22 AM #1

From my understanding giving up your title will be giving up majority of things that come with it. Such as your villa. You miss out on alot of things during the gifting title selection period. If you truley want too keep some bonuses wait for the game too launch ,and gifting the title over through council votes naturally will let you keep more. (Speculation,but I believe that is correct.) Perhaps contract that they will cede land in the town for you. When the day comes.

6/4/2018 10:44:51 AM #2

You will be able to either:

1. Trade in your title and all that cones with it for EP. This would be at a reduced worth.

2. Will/gift your title to another player. This would give everything associated with said title such as land, villa, settlement, cloak etc

3. Deligate roles to players. Essentially keeping the title but shifting responsibility to other players.

6/4/2018 1:31:44 PM #3

If you bought a magistrate package, can you have your villa set up in that starter city as a sort of family home.

Property that comes in aristocratic/nobility packages is associated with the title -- it's the official residence of the mayor / magistrate / governor / count / whatever, and while you may be living there you're doing so in your capacity as mayor/whatever not as the property owner in your own right (you might though also buy your own property in addition to the on that comes with the title).

I've been searching to see if villas and manors are going to be priced out in the EP shop. Is there a cost?

They almost certainly will be buyable in the EP store, however we won't know until Soon(TM).

But... there were prices given for them on the original Kickstarter in IP (IP was EP before EP became EP) and we can probably sort of assume that IP is roughlyish comparable to EP, approximately, maybe...