COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
POLL! Religion?

Hello,

As someone who has a city it's important to know about your populous and I wanted to know how important is religion to all you Elyrians out there. Personally my current plan is to only use it for whatever buffs are best for my settlement however I wanted to find out what people want in general. Also I'll post results later so that all mayors etc out there have an idea of what people in general think of the religious mechanics.

Survey!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

5/3/2018 5:53:54 AM #1

So far 10 answers and this is what it looks like.

survey

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

5/3/2018 6:23:33 AM #2

I would be surprised if the majority weren't somewhat interested to see where religion goes. At least while we have little to no idea how much it really will affect.

5/3/2018 7:37:34 AM #3

My first action will be to build a cathedral. Without the religion in medieval times, this world would not have become what it is now.

5/3/2018 7:45:46 AM #4

I think the people not interested in religion are also not interested in participating in this poll

5/3/2018 12:44:38 PM #5

Religion will play a huge role in the game whether people want to recognise it or not :)

I am going to embrace it 100%

5/3/2018 2:23:04 PM #6

Posted By Ilyria at 09:37 AM - Thu May 03 2018

My first action will be to build a cathedral. Without the religion in medieval times, this world would not have become what it is now.

it was important because the times were hard, and people found hope in church. I imagine it won't be important for players. If i have 2 hours to play per day why would I waste 30 minutes on going to church for no reason?

5/3/2018 2:35:45 PM #7

Posted By MisticniCofi at 4:23 PM - Thu May 03 2018

it was important because the times were hard, and people found hope in church. I imagine it won't be important for players. If i have 2 hours to play per day why would I waste 30 minutes on going to church for no reason?

Roleplay purposes. :)

5/3/2018 4:32:27 PM #8

Posted By Reikan at 01:45 AM - Thu May 03 2018

I think the people not interested in religion are also not interested in participating in this poll

Possibly but regardless this has been a rather useful poll so far at least for me and hopefully for other mayors. 42 answers and the graph is evolving! When I get home I'll be posting another update for the graph. The current lead is actually showing people are interested in religion beyond just for mechanics sake.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

5/3/2018 11:19:52 PM #9

Posted By MisticniCofi at 4:23 PM - Thu May 03 2018

Religion isn't about going to church or not, religion impacts art, culture, morality, philosophy, and much more.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/3/2018 11:50:34 PM #10

survey

Another Update shows a significant uptick in the amount of people interested in religion beyond just mechanics!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

5/4/2018 3:21:59 AM #11

Posted By MisticniCofi at 12:23 AM - Fri May 04 2018

We don't even know how it will work. It may just open up different storylines/quests for you. I find it doubtful SBS would add it so people sit in a room for 30 minutes either way.

5/4/2018 8:06:13 AM #12

Al'tifali is an expression of obvious truth, superceding all other truths, upon which all other truths are implicitly based. It is prettied up in mythical elements so that it is more easily learned and taken to heart by children and those adults who do not have the appetite for examining Reality unadorned and unmasked.

Equally as obvious as Al'tifali's truth and relevance is that I intend to base my characters' play styles and personal philosophies upon it.

;-)

5/4/2018 8:45:42 AM #13

I'm missing the "I'm an atheist and I will simply ignore religion". option.

5/4/2018 6:01:31 PM #14

Posted By Poldano at 09:06 AM - Fri May 04 2018

Al'tifali is an expression of obvious truth, superceding all other truths, upon which all other truths are implicitly based. It is prettied up in mythical elements so that it is more easily learned and taken to heart by children and those adults who do not have the appetite for examining Reality unadorned and unmasked.

Equally as obvious as Al'tifali's truth and relevance is that I intend to base my characters' play styles and personal philosophies upon it.

;-)

The only truth is the truth of the Virtues.

5/4/2018 7:28:27 PM #15

Posted By KearaLoar at 02:45 AM - Fri May 04 2018

I'm missing the "I'm an atheist and I will simply ignore religion". option.

Damn you are right. I should have thought of that. My bad.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99