COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Brunel Shipwrights Company Gaming Competition!

Two years ago today, the original group that would later be known as the Brunel Shipwrights Company came together with hopes and dreams of an Elyrian life. They were then known as The Elyrian Visionaries. Over the next few weeks, the Elyrian Visionaries formalized their plans for the world; Phillip Isambard and Robert Brunel assumed dual leadership of the company. On May 20th 2016, the group officially became known as the Brunel Shipwrights Company with goals of constructing the best ships in Elyria. Over the next few days, the Brunel Shipwrights Company began searching for their first kingdom to join, and through that were introduced to Godfrey Ironside. Finally, on May 23rd 2016, Ironside officially joined the company as its third head, and with him found a permanent home in the City of Mann’s Landing.

To celebrate our two year anniversary, we of the Brunel Shipwrights Company have decided to host a gaming competition open to the entire CoE community. This competition will be 4 days long, starting on May 20th and ending on May 23rd, in honor of our company’s starting dates. We decided to play a different game each of the four days, with prizes being given to the winners each day of course. In preparation for that we posted a poll a few weeks ago to help us determine which games should be played. So without further ado, the games that have been selected are:

• League of Legends
  • Fortnite
  • Overwatch
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battleground

Sunday, May 20th, we will be playing League of Legends. League of Legends is a Free to Play MOBA game, and our tournament will be 1v1 style as opposed to team based. Using Battlefy, the competition will be a standard bracket style tournament setup, single elimination up until the final round which will be best of 3. The League of Legends competition will start at 3 PM EST, May 20th.

For more detailed information about the League of Legends competition, and to register for the event, please visit: https://battlefy.com/brunel-shipwrights-company/brunel-shipwrights-company-gaming-competition-lol/5af12b90a966f503bf7da805/info

Monday, May21st, we will be playing Fortnite. Fortnite is a Free to Play Battle Royale game, and our tournament will be in a 1v1 bracket system. How are we managing a 1v1 you might ask? Players who are matched against each other in the current bracket will have to join together as a duo. Whoever of the two players gets the most kills wins the bracket and moves on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the player who survived longer wins. I shouldn’t have to say this, but doing anything to deliberately get your duo partner killed will automatically disqualify you. Screenshots are a must! The Fortnite competition will start at 7pm EST, May 21st.

For more detailed information about the Fortnite competition, and to register for the event, please visit: https://battlefy.com/brunel-shipwrights-company/brunel-shipwrights-company-gaming-competition-fortnite/5af11a6e54035c03cff07ffc/info

Tuesday, May 22nd, we will be playing Overwatch. Overwatch is an FPS game, and our tournament will again be in a 1v1 bracket system. Matches will be 1v1 Elimination, best of 5 rounds, in which the same hero cannot be played more than one round in a match. The Overwatch competition will start at 7 PM EST, May 22nd.

For more detailed information about the Overwatch competition, and to register for the event, please visit: https://battlefy.com/brunel-shipwrights-company/brunel-shipwrights-company-gaming-competition-overwatch/5af121acc7e42f03b889213b/info

Wednesday, May 23rd, we will ending our competition with PlayerUnknown’s Battleground. PlayerUnknown’s Battleground (PUBG) is a Battle Royale game, and our tournament will be a 1v1 bracket system. How are we managing a 1v1? Just like the plan for Fortnite’s competition, players who are matched against each other in the current bracket will have to join together as a duo. Whoever of the two players gets the most kills wins the bracket and moves on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the player who survived longer wins. I shouldn’t have to say this, but doing anything to deliberately get your duo partner killed will automatically disqualify you. Screenshots are a must! The PlayerUnknown’s Battleground competition will start at 7 PM EST, May 23rd.

For more detailed information about the Playerunknown’s Battleground competition, and to register for the event, please visit: https://battlefy.com/brunel-shipwrights-company/brunel-shipwrights-company-gaming-competition-pubg/5af1225499537203c1b4a624/info

So now that you know what games we are playing, as well as when we will be playing them, it’s time to sign up! It doesn’t cost you anything to play in this competition, except for the purchase of Overwatch or PUBG if you don’t already have those and want to play them. So what’s holding you back? Don’t tell me you will be busy working or sleeping. We all know that once Chronicles of Elyria comes out, none of us will be getting any of that for at least the first few weeks. So being available for a 7 PM EST game competition each day should be no problem at all!

Luckily, SBS posted their new Sailing Rowboats in the store before I got the chance to post this. Being a Shipwrights company, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to be gifting these out as prizes. So, the top two winners of each game competition will be awarded with their very own Sailing Rowboat. In addition, the winner of each game competition will receive an additional 100 EP. The winner of the game competition can instead forgo both the rowboat and the 100 EP for an IOU from the Brunel Shipwrights Company for a ship of their choice, to be claimed at a time of their choosing after game launch. Obviously the longer you wait, the better the prize as our R&D works up bigger and better ships. NA-E only for that option!

In addition to the prizes for the top two winners of each game, everyone who participates each day will be given an entry for a chance to win one of the donated prizes. Players will be granted bonus entries into the drawing based on their standings in the competition. 1st place will grant you a bonus 3 entries, 2nd place will grant you a bonus 2 entries, and 3rd place will grant you a bonus 1 entry.

If you are interested in donating prizes to the pool for drawings, you and/or your group will be recognized and thanked in all upcoming promotions and material for this gaming competition. We will be making a list of all prizes available in the pool, so stay tuned for that! If you would like to donate a prize of any kind, please do so using the following form we created: https://goo.gl/forms/DM1vbz5jexE0ZwLJ3

One final thing, the gaming competition will be hosted in the Bordweall Gaming Discord Server for convenience. So if you plan on playing any of the games, please join the Bordweall Gaming Discord server at: https://discord.gg/zM4NBYq

5/8/2018 8:12:58 AM #1

((Reserved))

5/8/2018 8:23:10 AM #2

Oooo This is really nice, I hope that you get a lot of interest, I might even join in ^.^

5/8/2018 9:50:56 AM #3

I would join in.... but the latency from aus :(

5/8/2018 12:18:46 PM #4

I'm in for the league portion :D

Alt text - can be left blank

5/8/2018 4:35:19 PM #5

im going to be negative, but these event you guys(everyone) hold, should really specify what server you guys are going to play on. if i were to sign up and notice at the game day your playing on NA-E then i would have never signed up in the first place due to ping. as all these games is based on ping.

so for you and for others reading my comment please specify on WHAT server location your playing on as its quite important for everyone to know if its even worth thinking of joining.

other then that i will say: good luck to everyone joining this event. may the best player win

What goes up must come down. Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot. If a plan is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid.

5/8/2018 4:56:07 PM #6

All games will be played on the North America servers for the games, so it's not NA-E specific by any means. Nor is it North American players only, as anyone and everyone who is interested and able to play is welcome to join in!

Even if your ping is too bad to be able to competitively play well, that doesn't prevent you from being able to have some fun and get some participation entries to the drawing at the very least :)

5/12/2018 12:39:58 AM #7

Updated with Overwatch rules now that I got someone who has played it to help me out with it lol

5/12/2018 5:52:36 PM #8

It looks like it;s going to be a fun 4 days with a lot of keyboard throwing from the really competitive players (if they lose).

5/19/2018 5:51:44 PM #9

Activities start ramping up tomorrow!

5/20/2018 9:43:48 PM #10

Congratulations to Strawhat for taking the second place in today's League of Legends tournament, and to Morou for taking the victory!

Morou has opted for the IOU ship from the Brunel Shipwrights Company after game launch, and Strawhat will be awarded a Rowboat shortly :)

Thank you to all the participants in the first day of the gaming competition!

5/22/2018 2:01:30 AM #11

In an interesting turn of events, our victor of tonight's Fortnite competition was a random guy who stumbled upon our competition. Congratulations to PrimeSter. for taking the victory! Unfortunately, my attempts to persuade him into our lovely CoE community failed :(

At his request, and an agreement with the runner up of tonight's competition, his prizes are being awarded instead to Count Bourneh!!

5/22/2018 4:45:06 AM #12

Very cool event

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

5/23/2018 1:53:50 AM #13

Tonight's champion of Overwatch was Kackos, who is new to the CoE community starting today! Instead of the normal ingame prizes, we decided to offer him an Elyrian Package for his victory tonight. So please welcome Kackos to the wonderful CoE community!

And the runner up in tonight's competition was ZeMedic, who has earned himself a lovely Rowboat for his skills in Overwatch!

Congratulations to our two victors of the Brunel Shipwrights Company Overwatch Competition!

5/24/2018 2:03:09 AM #14

Tonight's PUBG champion is another new player to CoE, please welcome and congratulate TylerD2k10 who has won himself an Elyrian Package!

And our runner up for the Brunel Shipwrights Company Competition was LuckyMadhatter, who has won himself a Sailing Rowboat!

Tonight's PUBG matches actually brought in 4 new and eager CoE players, Tyler being one of them! We had a lot of fun during the competition, and I thank everyone who participated and joined us over the last few days :)

We will be distributing prizes here over the next few days as we get all the appropriate information and such. Thanks again for a great turn out!