COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Meme Websites and CoE Advertising

Recently I've seen a number of adverts for CoE from friend codes E3A891, A9AA9E, 89621D, and 76DD8D on meme websites. They use this png.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/av7PZZn_700b.jpg

When I first saw this ad, it was before I ever heard of CoE and it put me off when I saw it because it does a poor job of actually explaining the best parts of CoE and leaves itself open to a world of criticism based on previous MMORPG concepts that CoE doesn't follow.

"Limited resources" makes it sound like everyone is going to be fighting over the same stuff when, in truth, its a "closed economy", which means that you can reuse materials.

"Your character dies in 10-14 months" doesn't sound like a great selling point, just that you are going to have to start over at that time. Instead, it should talk about how you can build a dynasty and work through the generations.

You are using outdated pictures. Stuff like the architecture tool on the bottom frame is no longer relevant because SBS decided to get rid of it.

Finally, look at where you are posting? A meme website? This doesn't belong there and in the comment section there is a lot of negative comments and misinformation about the project because its not the right channel and users want to diminish advertisements on their websites.

I refused to look at this game for a year because of this particular advertisement, you are hurting the community and the game when you throw this stuff up in the wrong place, not helping it.

Edit: I stand corrected on the architecture tool, I must have misunderstood a QnA awhile back.

5/20/2018 12:16:46 AM #1

Present to you* Meow* Ages* and Dies* A noble* And everything* It needs it* It deserves it*

Good you are trying I guess mr mystery memer

5/20/2018 4:31:42 AM #2

...that horrible English

5/20/2018 7:55:38 AM #3

Posted By Reikan at 02:16 AM - Sun May 20 2018

Present to you* Meow* Ages* and Dies* A noble* And everything* It needs it* It deserves it*

Good you are trying I guess mr mystery memer

CoE has more right to be called an MMORPG than any MMORPG ever.

You are using outdated pictures. Stuff like the architecture tool on the bottom frame is no longer relevant because SBS decided to get rid of it.

Surely they'll have something like it. How else are you going to have player-build houses/buildings?

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/20/2018 9:11:37 AM #4

TBH, this "advertisement" wouldn't put me off per say. It's obvious it's fan-made rather than dev-made. But I wouldn't have taken it seriously either. It wouldn't have caught my interest enough to go and check out CoE and I definitely wouldn't have used any of those friend-codes while registering.

Perhaps we should make some memes ourselves, real funny memes, and put them up?

Posted By Lodestone

They didn't get rid of the architecture tool. It's just that... Originally, they planned to release it as a stand-alone preview tool, but they changed that so it'll be part of "the prologue" instead. I don't recall their exact reasoning behind it, only that it made sense to me at the time.

5/20/2018 8:07:18 PM #5

I stand corrected on the architecture tool, I must have misunderstood something awhile back.

While it may not put you off Kearaloar, it is the reason I didn't join during Kickstarter. I would have probably gone count or duke back then rather than mayor now had I know more about the crafting system, which is what got me hooked.

5/20/2018 9:40:16 PM #6

Nobody could have told you more about the crafting system at the kickstarter, because we didn't have details. If you don't like this ad, don't try to recruit with it?

5/21/2018 7:37:10 PM #7

the thing is, this isn't kickstarter any more Mickdude. We have a lot more information and even during kickstarter, this was something that did push people away.

5/21/2018 8:35:05 PM #8

Posted By Lodestone at 3:37 PM - Mon May 21 2018

the thing is, this isn't kickstarter any more Mickdude. We have a lot more information and even during kickstarter, this was something that did push people away.

And like I said, the only thing you can do is not use it.

5/21/2018 9:47:35 PM #9

...or attempt to convince other not to use it as well.