COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Contest] A little help

So I've been thinking about my character a bit, and what surname I'd like to try and reserve. I hit a bit of a creative block in the character department so I put it down and walked away from it. After a few days, I was going to return to the problem at hand, when it hit me... "It's contest time".

So the reason for the contest is three fold. First, I get to give away up to 550 EP to people who might need it, which is awesome. Second, it gives us a fun way to keep supporting SBS, which is cool as well. And Third, I get help overcoming my creative slump, which is pretty rad. So here are the rules.

RULES

I'm looking for a good surname. Each entrant can submit up to 3 surnames, but only in one submission. I'm occasionally lazy, and this is one of those times, so I don't really want to be trying to match up and condense surname entries. You can offer a first name as well if you like, but you don't have to. If the surname is meant for a specific tribe, make sure you include that as well, unless you don't care, in which case, don't.

I'm also interested in the life of the character himself. Each entrant, if so inclined, can submit up to 3 character concepts. The concept doesn't need to be long, and it may not necessarily help you to make it long, but I certainly won't stop you from expanding on your ideas. All I'm mainly looking for is a bit of information on who the character is, and what might have happened in the character's past that would shape him into who he is today.

Here's the basic scaffolding for direction with the character concept: I'll be making a male character who will be a bee-keeper and waxcrafter. He will co-own a bee-keeping and waxcraft business with a male character friend/family member. My character is not landed or titled, nor will I be pursuing those things. I have the Proprietor pack, and my character's friend has the Merchant pack. Remember, you don't need to write about my friend's character, but you -could- include his existence in your character concept submission.

Submissions will no longer be accepted after Midnight (CDT) on May 25th (Friday). I'll announce the winners on May 27th.

WINNERS

I'll be personally selecting 1 entry from each category that I either intend to use, or directly inspires me into a concept of my own. Pretty straight forward, really.

REWARDS

275 EP will be gifted to the person who wins the surname category. 275 EP will be gifted to the person who wins the character concept category.

HOW TO PLAY

Simple! Just send your submissions to me here in a PM. Good luck, and have fun!

5/27/2018 7:00:20 PM #1

After much deliberation, Here are the results for the contest:

Character Concept Winner: Levald, for his interesting and not too over-the-top idea.

Character Concept Honorable Mention: Jon Warren and Kastivi, for helping me fill in the blanks and create something a bit more cohesive.

Surname Winner: Levald, because the story isn't really the same without the surname, and I really love the way it comes together.

Surname Honorable Mention: Jon Warren, because I really like the angle, and even though I went with a different approach, it was obtained in a similar fashion.

Levald will be awarded 600EP because it costs the same for the 50 bonus EP, so why not.

Kastivi and Jon Warren will be awarded 100EP each, for noticeably contributing to the story and surname.

I wanted to take the 2 days between the winner selection and the results to try and flesh out the character. It still needs some work, and I'm no author, but I'll be posting it into the fan fiction/roleplay forums in the event that you want to subject yourself to my amateur "ability".

EDIT: Surname got rejected.

5/27/2018 7:10:24 PM #2

Wonderful. Congrats to the winners and Steve

5/27/2018 8:37:39 PM #3

Thanks for the mention and the gift! Congratulations to Levald and Jon Warren!

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

5/28/2018 1:58:18 AM #4

So what surname ended up getting chosen in the end? That's the most important part. :P

5/28/2018 2:38:01 PM #5

N/A

6/1/2018 2:32:40 AM #6

Holy #^&* I actually won it. I like the name and backstory I wrote for alot and certainly thought it prize worthy but I never actually conceptualized this part. Thank you so much for the challenge and opportunity.

6/1/2018 2:35:55 AM #7

wait what? so it was available but they rejected it? did you give them the backstory?