COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
just release the game already

why not game do early access like pubg or ark etc they do early access yet there game still makes billions of dollars. if you release the game now you will get alot of new players and can make money to develop game then the full game will come out faster and dont tell me to wait till 2025 or whatever i might not even be alive then...

5/21/2018 10:53:42 AM #1

haha, I feel your pain. I think they are aiming to release as complete a game as possible. We will have an early access type period I believe but it won't be the same as those games you mentioned. If all goes as planned we should be getting to play as soon as early next year. I do feel your pain though, it's driving me crazy haha.

Baron Neiph Cadfael

5/21/2018 10:53:45 AM #2

also my name doesnt fit on one line

5/21/2018 10:58:19 AM #3

Because this isn't the sort of game that would benefit from early access.

There's also not actually anything to release right now, they're still working on getting it to an EARLY ALPHA state.

5/21/2018 11:01:53 AM #4

Posted By YukiAkuma at 8:58 PM - Mon May 21 2018

Because this isn't the sort of game that would benefit from early access.

There's also not actually anything to release right now, they're still working on getting it to an EARLY ALPHA state.

i already explained how they benefit by making money to hire more people for faster development

5/21/2018 11:03:49 AM #5

That is literally what they're planning on doing though - they will release the game in an early access state through exposition AND they're releasing an early alpha in just a few months.

5/21/2018 11:05:34 AM #6

Posted By catnip at 12:03 PM - Mon May 21 2018

That is literally what they're planning on doing though - they will release the game in an early access state through exposition AND they're releasing an early alpha in just a few months.

That's not the sort of "early access" he's talking about - he's talking about games like PUBG, where you just release the game in an early beta state and charge money for it like it's a finished game.

Chronicles of Elyria's alphas and betas won't be the real game - they'll be tests of different mechanics. The actual proper game, the one where we're in a persistent world and our actions actually matter, doesn't come until after Exposition.

The reason it costs so much money to access the Alphas and Betas is because they won't actually be a good indication for how the final game will be. Early access would be a terrible advertisement if they did it the way PUBG and Ark do it.

Edit: It works for games like PUBG and Ark and Minecraft and so on because the basic game is already in place - any further work is simply refining the core systems in a game that's already essentially complete.

5/21/2018 11:44:48 AM #7

They still developing the game and yet still not reach early alpha,if they gave an early access the player might be dissapointed and make this game looks bad but its actually awesome.

So we can only be patient and wait for them to finish the game to a full release

5/21/2018 12:34:17 PM #8

Posted By Black_ty at 1:44 PM - Mon May 21 2018

They still developing the game and yet still not reach early alpha,if they gave an early access the player might be dissapointed and make this game looks bad but its actually awesome.

So we can only be patient and wait for them to finish the game to a full release

QFT.

No point in releasing the game in a crappy state, it would hurt more than it would help. Gloria Victis did something similar. I ran away after 10 mins playing and never looked back.

Brash

5/21/2018 1:26:40 PM #9

Yeah...

Because PUBG and CoE are, like, basically the same game right?

I mean, CoE is basically going to be like PUBG, except with jousting and longbows - why not just dump people on a map and let them kill each other...

Just forget the 500 other, complex, systems that actually make CoE...you know...CoE. People don't care about any of that, they want yet another survival/shooter game.

eyeroll

Imgur

5/21/2018 1:29:57 PM #10

Posted By Marovec at 08:26 AM - Mon May 21 2018

Yeah...

Because PUBG and CoE are, like, basically the same game right?

I mean, CoE is basically going to be like PUBG, except with jousting and longbows - why not just dump people on a map and let them kill each other...

Just forget the 500 other, complex, systems that actually make CoE...you know...CoE. People don't care about any of that, they want yet another survival/shooter game.

eyeroll

And here I was hoping they'd all just dump us on a map where we can forge swords all day.

5/21/2018 1:31:05 PM #11

CoE is intends to have a B2P system (Buy to Pay), where you would only buy a copy of the game, soul packs (they're like character slots), and sparks of life (think of them as the subscription). Cash shops or "early access" releases from games such as Conan Exiles, ARK Survival, PUBG, etc, will not be around. The developers have thought about what kind of monetization model Chronicles of Elyria will have which goes in line with their philosophy. Caspian thoughts on the matter below:

Q. Hey Caspian. What are your thoughts on the future for lootboxes and pay2win in games? Think the future will be bright?

Caspian: It's hard to say. I think pay2win is an over-used term, but when used correctly refers to games that I don't find enjoyable. I think lootboxes work better in some games than others, but their application to games that don't make sense logically is clearly an example of trying to get more money from players.

I ultimately don't find lootboxes a good business model, but here's something I do know. The cost of developing games has increased dramatically over the last 10 years, while the prices of games has remained the same. Movie tickets have gone up from less than $10 USD to over $20 USD in some areas. If video games followed a similar scale, every game would now cost between $100 and $200.

But players insist on better and better games while seemingly being unwilling to pay for it. And while movies only 2-3 hours, video games can entertain for years.

All that said, publishers are looking for ways to increase revenue, and developers and indie studios are being forced into lootboxes, etc. as a way to raise money because, for better or worse, people are willing to pay for it.

Personally, I'm much more a fan of our business model. I think the future of games is about understanding the players better, and finding ways to monetize which fits in better with the game design, and not being added as an afterthought.

[Source: Caspian in the CoE Discord, 02-08-18]

5/21/2018 2:00:02 PM #12

Given my past experiences with early access, I'm absolutely convinced that it ends up hurting a title more in the long run. I'll rather wait, thanks.

5/21/2018 2:02:24 PM #13

I would rather they never turn into the early access crap that flood steam, while so many either get dropped or really take longer to be made, like Dayz..

If you can't be bothered to wait, go play something else. Enough good games out there to play.

No idea why people come here trying to make whatever demand really. Like they are so bloody inpatient or maybe it's a flat out troll.

5/21/2018 2:58:36 PM #14

If i demand anything, its that the game gets released when its ready, and not a day before.

Market the game by all means, but dont feed the hype or give in to it, until you're good and ready. Hype has a way of biting the hands that feed it if done prematurely. And "Hype" isn't the game I signed up to support.

I'd like to think we didn't pay all this money to get a quick sugar rush of hype, rushed gameplay, and extended dissapointment with implementation.

Been there, done that. No thanks.

Quality Above All, yes please.

5/21/2018 3:11:30 PM #15

Posted By EliteChampion at 12:53 PM - Mon May 21 2018

also my name doesnt fit on one line

So you want it to be released today, and without bugs?

Pick one.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX