COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
2 chickens no rooster.

Are animals going to be paired or is it random ? 2 pigs no boar I haven't herd anything from SBS on this hate to buy all females and have no males . Also 2 sheep no ram I cant buy animals if I am not getting a breeding pair . I hope when they have the EP store you have a choice of buying a male or female animal. .It seems who ever put this promotion up is not a farmer. I believe everyone just assume that they are getting a pair . I don't spend money on assumptions.

6/20/2018 4:11:27 PM #1

I have a recollection of it being said that pet gender is random but not sure. but if you're specifically buying livestock I would presume they're breedable otherwise it makes no sense.

6/20/2018 4:13:35 PM #2

Not an assumption. From the FAQ from It's Sedecim Time

Q. Are the animals breeding pairs as in male/female pair? Are they random?

A. Serpentius: Animal gender is chosen in game at the vendor.

Alt text - can be left blank

6/20/2018 4:15:26 PM #3

but are the promotions random? If so that sucks . Guess it luck of the draw.

6/20/2018 4:16:50 PM #4

It is only random when it says specifically that it is random or a dev says otherwise. Currently, as stated above the pets are able to be chosen by gender at the vendor. It is also said to be true for mounts.

For example:.

The Foxcelot will not be able to be gender chosen, this one is at random as per the post about it

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/24320/Renewal-Festival-Store-Event

6/20/2018 5:40:40 PM #5

Posted By Lorgaff at

Are animals going to be paired or is it random ? 2 pigs no boar I haven't herd anything from SBS on this hate to buy all females and have no males . Also 2 sheep no ram I cant buy animals if I am not getting a breeding pair . I hope when they have the EP store you have a choice of buying a male or female animal.

I wanted to point out is that it should be sow and boar rather than pig and boar (though given that 'wild' boar is making a comeback as a farm animal hog is probably a better term for a un-castrated male pig). Also, it should be ewe and ram rather than sheep and ram and technically should be a hen and rooster.

This is the only time I'm going to get to use random knowledge picked up from the tenant farmers - there are loads of bizarrely specific terms for livestock based on intended purpose, sex, and status of sexual organs.

As for the animals from the store - you choose the gender unless the store post says that it is random - in game this is done at a vendor (though you end up limited to what stock he has) in expo I don't know how this would work exactly.

Coming Soon(tm)

6/21/2018 2:25:50 AM #6

@Lorgaff,

The current farm promotion items are redeemable at vendors, so selection of gender is possible in principle. The nomenclature used in the promotions is technically either incorrect or ambiguous, as @Chipla pointed out. Some of us didn't get that information from tenant farmers, but directly from the farm or in elementary school.

6/21/2018 5:38:57 AM #7

Posted By chipla at 7:40 PM - Wed Jun 20 2018

Posted By Lorgaff at

Are animals going to be paired or is it random ? 2 pigs no boar I haven't herd anything from SBS on this hate to buy all females and have no males . Also 2 sheep no ram I cant buy animals if I am not getting a breeding pair . I hope when they have the EP store you have a choice of buying a male or female animal.

I wanted to point out is that it should be sow and boar rather than pig and boar (though given that 'wild' boar is making a comeback as a farm animal hog is probably a better term for a un-castrated male pig). Also, it should be ewe and ram rather than sheep and ram and technically should be a hen and rooster.

This is the only time I'm going to get to use random knowledge picked up from the tenant farmers - there are loads of bizarrely specific terms for livestock based on intended purpose, sex, and status of sexual organs.

As for the animals from the store - you choose the gender unless the store post says that it is random - in game this is done at a vendor (though you end up limited to what stock he has) in expo I don't know how this would work exactly.

Exactly, the common words "sheep, chicken and pig" do not specify gender, it can be either.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

6/21/2018 7:34:39 AM #8

SBS - those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating.

6/21/2018 12:46:36 PM #9

Esoba is spot on. The only animal so that is random gender is foxcelot.