COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Orchards / Tree Seeds Suggestion / Question

Hello developers,

I noticed while this promotion had seeds for staple crops, like maize and potatoes, there were no promotional items for tree seeds.

Should we expect to see some promotional items down the line that will have items like apple seeds, cacao seeds, etc.? I ask for all my fellow Elyrian mayors & farmers that plan on having orchards in their towns.

Thank you! :)

6/21/2018 12:37:36 AM #1

I really hope so. A good mixture of species. I plan to do Silvopasture with fruit and nut trees. Ideally I would like a temperate climate, but I would be happy to head into a more tropical climate. Either way I want fruit trees, nuts, berries, and vines growing in beautiful rows. Waist high mixed grasses, legumes, and broadleaved forbes growing in swathes between the rows. And mixed livestock contentedly grazing thru it all.

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)

6/21/2018 2:37:49 AM #2

I wouldn't mind owning a apple orchard, or vineyard

Im sure we'll have all the seeds we could want in the EP store. But of course just because you have an apple seed doesnt mean it'll grow where you live in elyria

6/21/2018 5:59:03 AM #3

There's an apple tree shown in the dev journal, so I'm sure we'll have apple trees too.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

6/21/2018 7:28:28 AM #4

I'm sure we see every type within the EP store. If those things will be made into promotion items, is anyone guess.

6/21/2018 2:41:16 PM #5

I haven't heard anybody mention herbs yet either. Where is our parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme??

6/21/2018 2:53:08 PM #6

Posted By Jedzea at 07:41 AM - Thu Jun 21 2018

I haven't heard anybody mention herbs yet either. Where is our parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme??

You can get those at the fair. In Scarborough. ;)

There are several different kinds of fruit trees in the game, across a few different biomes. If you count VoxElyria assets, we've actually shown an apple tree in the past too, though I don't think we've shared the unreal version of that same asset yet. I'm not sure but we have shown off the olive trees at one point, too.

But anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say it officially: You will be able to cultivate orchards if that's your desire.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
6/21/2018 3:23:07 PM #7

With my goal of creating the BEST cook book in Elyria, I will need access to those and MANY other herbs and spices! So not only will I go to Scarborough but I will follow the trade route of Marco Polo himself to bring home pepper, cinnamon, and ginger to make the ultimate apfel strudel! And my "Calendonian Stew" needs red wine for it's base, so I need some good hearty grapes!

Blessings on your House, Sir Snipehunter!

Jedzea Tsuiri - Mayor of New Caledonia and Owner of the "Cedars Inn"

6/21/2018 6:05:53 PM #8

Wooo... Hopefully you can make all the types of alcohol from the fruits of the trees and vegetables too :) Just need to figure out what else you can put in the Drink to give it something "special" other than making your character drunk.

6/21/2018 10:57:49 PM #9

Posted By Brynath at 3:05 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

Wooo... Hopefully you can make all the types of alcohol from the fruits of the trees and vegetables too :) Just need to figure out what else you can put in the Drink to give it something "special" other than making your character drunk.

If elyria has something simmilar to ayahuasca or peyote they could be what you're looking for.

6/26/2018 5:13:49 PM #10

Posted By Jedzea at 5:23 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

With my goal of creating the BEST cook book in Elyria, I will need access to those and MANY other herbs and spices! So not only will I go to Scarborough but I will follow the trade route of Marco Polo himself to bring home pepper, cinnamon, and ginger to make the ultimate apfel strudel! And my "Calendonian Stew" needs red wine for it's base, so I need some good hearty grapes!

Blessings on your House, Sir Snipehunter!

Jedzea Tsuiri - Mayor of New Caledonia and Owner of the "Cedars Inn"

Now I'm hungry. Also, please give me a copy of that book D:

Kernothia

6/29/2018 6:02:25 AM #11

I wonder how long it takes to grow a tree from seed to lumber harvesting size. With the real possibility to clear cut the land around large cities it could be a business to make saplings to regrow forests (if transferring saplings is a thing)