COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Offline Player Character can perma-die?

According to my understanding if you get coup de graced and failed to complete the 'plain/spirit walk' you will permadie (I may be wrong here). In this sense if I was offline during this time and some assassin incapacitated and coup de graced my OPC. Will I perma-die as I will not be able to complete the walk thing. Or will I just be incapacitated and lost some of my life span next time I log-in. The latter is better if the reduced life-span do not increase parallel to the time between the kill and login.

Edit: In brief, what are the odds me perma-dying while offline?

"Steel wins Battles, Gold wins Wars"

6/21/2018 3:04:56 AM #1

Your character would sit in spirit walking mode with your timer on hold for up to 30 days. If you didn't log in for 30 days then yes they would permanently die.

6/21/2018 10:49:50 AM #2

oh okay! That is good to know. Thanks for the reply.

"Steel wins Battles, Gold wins Wars"

6/21/2018 4:04:56 PM #3

I would hope that I can set my OPC up to rez itself and to the spirit walk for me. I dont want to log in every morning and have to spirit walk back to my body and then lose progress by my OPC dying the moment I logged off and then having to do all the tasks I should have done. The OPC system is supposed to make your life easier not harder.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

6/21/2018 4:26:22 PM #4

Posted By WarlanderLichbane at 02:04 AM - Fri Jun 22 2018

I would hope that I can set my OPC up to rez itself and to the spirit walk for me. I dont want to log in every morning and have to spirit walk back to my body and then lose progress by my OPC dying the moment I logged off and then having to do all the tasks I should have done. The OPC system is supposed to make your life easier not harder.

You really shouldn't be dying everyday for that to really be a problem. Unless you plan to live outside of a town, most towns should be somewhat safe. Not like going through the spirit world should even take that long anyway.

6/21/2018 4:29:05 PM #5

Ok, warlan, but if they allow us to script an opc to be able to do the walk by themselfs itll take away the entire point of being CDG. Whats the point of taking the risk if you can just log off, wait ten minutes and come back to your character being fine.

Kingdom of Vornair~~~~ Count Bladehawk of the County Sildoria and the City of Rukia Friend code: 16A8A6

A Legend in its own right.

6/21/2018 5:25:55 PM #6

Posted By Red_Reaper at 6:29 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

Ok, warlan, but if they allow us to script an opc to be able to do the walk by themselfs itll take away the entire point of being CDG. Whats the point of taking the risk if you can just log off, wait ten minutes and come back to your character being fine.

well... afaik, spirit-walks will start quite simple and get harder the longer one lives. On day or the other, the spirit-walk will be so hard, that one perma-dies. Now... lets just assume, that a spirit-walk takes roughly 10 minutes for the average player and the Time to finish it goes down with decreasing left lifetime. So if killed with 20yo, success would still happen with 60min spirit-walk, but at 70yo, success only happens with 5min spirit-walk. Now, if OPC scripting allowed OPCs/NPCs to finish spirit-walks with average time values plus 25% or something like that... I'd see no issues with that. Only bad players (that regularly need more than 25% of average time) would "win" something by logging out and letting the OPC finish their spirit-walk.

I see no point in having NPCs permadie anyway. they should have the same kind of mechanic like players/OPCs.

Friend Code: 30EF47

6/21/2018 5:40:10 PM #7

Posted By Gromschlog at 11:25 AM - Thu Jun 21 2018

well... afaik, spirit-walks will start quite simple and get harder the longer one lives. On day or the other, the spirit-walk will be so hard, that one perma-dies. Now... lets just assume, that a spirit-walk takes roughly 10 minutes for the average player and the Time to finish it goes down with decreasing left lifetime. So if killed with 20yo, success would still happen with 60min spirit-walk, but at 70yo, success only happens with 5min spirit-walk. Now, if OPC scripting allowed OPCs/NPCs to finish spirit-walks with average time values plus 25% or something like that... I'd see no issues with that. Only bad players (that regularly need more than 25% of average time) would "win" something by logging out and letting the OPC finish their spirit-walk.

I see no point in having NPCs permadie anyway. they should have the same kind of mechanic like players/OPCs.

I wonder what happens if you get disconnected mid spirit walk with this system of having 20 minutes to complete your spirit walk. Or if the game freezes or something goes wrong and it still thinks you're logged in.

Aspiring Lumberjack, NA-W

6/21/2018 7:23:55 PM #8

Posted By CuteLilPuppyDog at 12:40 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

Posted By Gromschlog at 11:25 AM - Thu Jun 21 2018

I wonder what happens if you get disconnected mid spirit walk with this system of having 20 minutes to complete your spirit walk. Or if the game freezes or something goes wrong and it still thinks you're logged in.

Likely the same as if you were still alive and wondering around the wilds. If it detects you offline your opc if alive kicks in or the timer pauses if your dead. If not you stand there looking dumb until the timer expires or something comes along and eats you.