COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Souls Across Servers

If players are playing on more than one server, will they get the same soul choices across those servers or are the souls randomized per server with the only thing being the same is the number of available souls?

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

6/29/2018 9:58:14 PM #1

My understanding is you pick a single server and your soul pack is applied to that server. If you wish to swap servers you need to buy another soul pack and at least 1 more spark.

I don’t believe your initial starting souls give 3 per server.

To begin you must select which soul you want to use. Each account starts with three souls and the option to add more by purchasing Soul Packs. Most souls will be blank slates that are "Once Born" meaning they have never lived a life before this one. However some souls will randomly be assigned past lives with any combination of skills and affinities.

Source

6/29/2018 11:35:05 PM #2

You won't be able to play the same soul on multiple servers. So if you have a soul with a talent for reading peoples whispers (thoughts) you wouldn't have it on another server too since you would be using a separate soul.

I'm not sure if your soul can cross servers while in limbo, initially, I would likely say no but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a feature introduced later on in development.

The Akashic Records

6/30/2018 12:15:31 AM #3

They can't. Souls are locked to a server once used once.

9/12/2018 9:59:47 AM #4

So you can have 3 Souls / Characters on one server, 1 each on three, or 2 on 1 and 1 on the other?

I'd assume the idle characters / souls would be OPC when you were playing one of the other ones.

9/24/2018 6:03:16 AM #5

Kinda brings up a whole new question though. If you have 3 souls and they’re all active and locked to same server could you use 1 soul/character to meet another of your souls that’s OPC? Because if that’s the case that’s amazing and could make for some pretty interesting gameplay

Proprietor NA-E Planning to be a Waerd vintner(FCE869)

9/24/2018 6:06:40 AM #6

Posted By Fiber at 11:03 PM - Sun Sep 23 2018

Kinda brings up a whole new question though. If you have 3 souls and they’re all active and locked to same server could you use 1 soul/character to meet another of your souls that’s OPC? Because if that’s the case that’s amazing and could make for some pretty interesting gameplay

I think that is possible as long as each soul has a spark of life.

https://www.vornair.com/

9/24/2018 12:03:19 PM #7

Posted By Fiber at 01:03 AM - Mon Sep 24 2018

100% possible. Just because a char is in opc mode doesn’t mean it leaves the world.

And to answer the next likely questions.

We are not sure how marriage would work so not sure if/how you’d be able to interact with what amounts to yourself beyond the scripted behaviors you establish prior to logging out of the character. It does seem possible to use scripts to multibox but not sure how effective it would be.